| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with diagnosing my JE  (Read 5757 times)
TheJoker

« on: April 21, 2008, 09:44:14 pm »

Gents,

Today the car went into a local garage and they found 3 "anomalies" under the bonnet and three error codes.
I'd very much like help in analysing and diagnosing what's wrong with the car. The symptoms have been that it's stopped on the motorway, it's being cranky when starting it; it turns over, fires up, and then immediately dies. It then takes about 10 - 15 retries before it pops back into life. It's also been a bit gutless (which is probably related to the EGR valve fault code).

The (serial) codes are:
234 E G R VALVE POSITION CIRCUIT
81 CIRCUIT IMMOBILISER
65 CIRCUIT ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR

Codes cleared.

The pictures are all taken directly from the front of the engine. There are three "orphans" there. One is a diaphragm that's missing a hose. That's basically in front of the engine in the middle of it. The two other ones are on the same thing, one is missing a hose and the other a connector. These are also on the front of the engine but slightly to the right as looking at the engine (towards the battery). The hose is at the back where the connector is.

Hope that makes any sense.  Undecided

What are these things, and what do I do next..?! (no, I will not roll it into a lake!)

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
TheJoker

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:46:14 pm »

bu**er... attached the same pic twice... 2nd try...

Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:31:21 pm »

As you haven't had any other replies I took a look in my engine bay as I didn't recognise ANY of those components and have been trying to make out where exactly they are from your photos.

Where you are looking for the orphan hose appears to be above the EGR and below the Air Filter but that being the case mine has nothing like that in that area.... BTW mine is also a 2.2dCi Grand as I think you already know

Where you show the diaphragm appears to be above the high pressure fuel pump but again I have nothing like that in that area.... or any other area of the engine bay for that matter.... or at least not that I've yet found.

Sorry but also clueless on the missing connector.

Any chance of some pictures that are not so tight in so that I have a better idea where they are located and will compare to mine

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
TheJoker

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:52:08 pm »

Thanks Martin! I'm away right now, so I'll have to ask my chickadee to take some pics and send them to me before I can upload them. I realised that the pics are too zommed in when I posted them.

To be continued...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: