| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: espace diesel driveshafts  (Read 5013 times)
stantheman

« on: May 04, 2008, 12:16:58 am »

Grin DRIVESHAFTS ON MY 94 ESPACE T/D.  I have just replaced the steering rack on my car and removed the gearbox in the process (i found it easier and its only a 15 min job).  The problem i have got is which drive shaft goes on which side? As it is now i have the thicker one on the o/s and obviously the slimmer one on the n/s but when i drive over 25mph the whole car vibrates like the tyres are distorted. The vibration dissapears the second i dip the clutch or knock it out of gear i have checked the tightness of everything and it is all torqued up correct, I have checked the gearbox and engine mounts which are good. And the drivesahfts and cv's are 2month old.  There is no vibration in the steering wheel and i have laser aligned the front and rear wheels so tracking is spot on. HELP PLEASE.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 07:43:26 am »

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you will like it Smiley

As far as I know, the drive shafts are identical. As your drive shafts are new, they probably came from different original manufactures before they were remanufactured - thus the different dimensions. A weight difference shouldn't be able to give you severe symptoms at low speed like the one you describe, which sounds more like crushed CV joints to me?

I think you should take them off again and recheck everything. There may be something that hasn't been fitted quite right.

Doing gearbox removal in 15 minutes is very well done! Smiley

- Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
stantheman

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:57:40 pm »

Thank you for your advice i shall be looking at the cv's in the next day or so and hopefully that will cure it, once again thanks for the advice.       ;Dwe did use air ratchets to remove the gearbox Grin  Will let you know soon as i check it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: