| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to get the new, new fuse board?  (Read 70 times)
Grapes

« on: May 03, 2024, 01:18:36 am »

The edge terminals on my car are very wonkey and some are broken and i tried looking for those little jaw edge terminals but they ssem to be discontinued. I also chased down the French made one by JMI83 but as far as I could understand he stopped making them and seems to have sold the last of his stock just a few months ago. However I also believe someone else is continuing it and there's a similar board from Belgium? Or maybe those are from the same person. Long story short, I would like a new one, particularly one that does away with the old type of connectors. I know carjoy has them but I heard so many bad things about them from local guys at the club that I prefer not to support them and the ones from Simon seem to rely on the old edge terminals.
I also found this video but the websites at the end say "page not found" and I'm a bit hesitent towards mailing random e-mail addresses I see in a video with a question if I can buy something from them 😅 It's a bit too easy for anyone receiving that to say "sure send me money" if you know what I mean Smiley
Hope someone can help me find what I'm looking for.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:22:40 pm »

The edge terminals on my car are very wonkey and some are broken and i tried looking for those little jaw edge terminals but they ssem to be discontinued. I also chased down the French made one by JMI83 but as far as I could understand he stopped making them and seems to have sold the last of his stock just a few months ago. However I also believe someone else is continuing it and there's a similar board from Belgium? Or maybe those are from the same person. Long story short, I would like a new one, particularly one that does away with the old type of connectors. I know carjoy has them ...

I don't think Carjoy has a new board that also replaces the original plugs to the edges of the board.  So if you have poor or broken jaw terminals in those plugs, then you need something different.  Carjoy (and Simon Auto) have a new board that uses the new blade fuses rather than those old and poor continental plastic or ceramic fuses which are prone to be so bad but at a cost of 145 Euro plus tax.  Carjoy also has some new production of the old style board with the old continental fuses at a slightly cheaper price (125 Euro plus tax).  But all these new boards still use the existing plugs to the edges of the board.

I also found this video but the websites at the end say "page not found" and I'm a bit hesitent towards mailing random e-mail addresses I see in a video with a question if I can buy something from them 😅 It's a bit too easy for anyone receiving that to say "sure send me money" if you know what I mean Smiley
Hope someone can help me find what I'm looking for.

What you need is one of the boards I modify to use a different plug and socket.  The socket is soldered to the board, so you have the best connection possible.  But you have to replace the four plugs with the matching plugs I supply.  That means you have to cut all the wires from the old plugs and fit them into the new plugs, which can then be connected to the modified board.

You also have a choice of fuse type.  I can leave the original style fuse holders and fuses, or I can change them to the better English fuse holders and glass fuses which make a much better positive contact.  I cannot fit the new blade fuse holders as they require a completely different circuit board layout because of their different (closer) contact spacing.  That is why I fit the glass fuses as the spacing is virtually the same as the original continental fuses.

See: http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,3309.0.html

I can modify your board if it is good enough, or I can possibly supply another board at extra cost.  This will be either an old board that I can modify or it could be a new board, but that will increase the cost even more of course.

Send me some photos of your board, so I can see if it is good enough to modify.

Roy
« Last Edit: Today at 08:17:01 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: