| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Murena 2.2 Valve Clearance?  (Read 13928 times)
GP
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:56 pm »

Quote from: macaroni on May 29, 2008, 02:59:08 pm
Can you tell me the valve clearances also please?

Inlet: 0.2 mm
Exhaust: 0.3 mm

Cold engine.

However, that is for the standard cam, Anders.

The Holbay cam has slightly different settings.

The inlets should be: 0.25 mm (10 thou)
Exhausts as original: 0.30 mm (12 thou)

Roy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would the Politechnic 150cv cam valve clearance settings be the same as the Holbay cam or different again anyone?

Thanks Graham
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:15:10 pm by GP » Logged
GP
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:27:06 pm »

Question answered:

Les jeux de fonctionnement pour Murena 2.2
Tous type arbres à cames (origine - MATRA K142 - Politecnic 153)

Culbuteur admission :  0.20 mm
Culbuteur échappement : 0.30 mm

Politecnic sarl
Cyril Gracia
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:38:59 pm »

A little odd that they quote that for all cams when Holbay wants 0.25 on the inlet side...

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:21:10 pm »

A little odd that they quote that for all cams when Holbay wants 0.25 on the inlet side...

I would love to set the clearance on my Holbay cam.  Wink Problem is I do not have a Holbay cam. Sad

So where can I get one, or at least a "S" cam? Huh Does anyone of you have an extra laying around, that you would consider parting with?  Grin Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:58:23 pm »

No, I don't have a cam you can have Grin
But call these guys, they still make them:
http://www.coltecracing.com/

/Anders

Used to own:
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:08:20 pm »

No, I don't have a cam you can have Grin
But call these guys, they still make them:
http://www.coltecracing.com/

/Anders
Hi Anders.
Thanks, I will get in touch with them.
But what about the lifters? will I need to replace those? Huh
I didn't think you'd part with a cam, just out of the goodness of your heart Cheesy I know they are expensive if you have to buy them from Simon or Politecnic. So I was prepared to part with an appropriate amount of €€€, £££ or $$$ Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:11:51 pm by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 06:47:00 am »

Yes, you will have to replace the lifters. However, Roy has reported that Coltec can refurbish old lifters and I happen to have two extra sets lying around here, so if they can't supply you new ones, I think we can work out a deal and you can have an extra set for refurbishment.

Then you can save your old cam with it's lifters. Used lifters and used cams belong together like your feet and your shoes: They may still be perfect on you, but won't fit anyone else after you've worn them for a while.

Mixing old lifters with a new cam will cause cam wear.

/Anders

Used to own:
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 08:21:38 am »

Didn't think Coltec made cams, but they will re-profile existing ones if not too badly worn and they have all the Matra profiles.  The company is formed from the remnants of Holbay after they went out of business some years ago.  They are actually a few minutes away from where I live and they've done a lot of engine work for my ongoing 1.6 re-build, including a cam re-profile and refurbished cam followers and rocker arms.  Can't comment on the work until I've put it all back together and started it up  Smiley
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 05:49:40 pm »

Didn't think Coltec made cams, but they will re-profile existing ones if not too badly worn and they have all the Matra profiles.  The company is formed from the remnants of Holbay after they went out of business some years ago.  They are actually a few minutes away from where I live and they've done a lot of engine work for my ongoing 1.6 re-build, including a cam re-profile and refurbished cam followers and rocker arms.  Can't comment on the work until I've put it all back together and started it up  Smiley

Just an update, I have spoken with Richard (owner) at Coltec Racing today and they will be moving soon and will no longer be re-profiling cams I'm afraid.  So we will have to find somewhere else in future. :-(

Roy

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 11:28:08 pm »

Just an update, I have spoken with Richard (owner) at Coltec Racing today and they will be moving soon and will no longer be re-profiling cams I'm afraid.  So we will have to find somewhere else in future. :-(

Roy
That is strange. I just today received an answer from Richard where he says that he can reprofile my cam and refurbish my lifters. He did not say anything about stopping doing that.  Huh

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 06:10:12 pm »

I visited Coltec today and I can confirm that they are moving to Hollesley (pronounced "Hosely"), still in Suffolk but not quite as convenient for me!  They have decided not to take the camshaft machine as they say there is no demand for camshaft grinding these days.  I think the Matra Club must be the only customers!  If you want to protest, all email Richard@coltecracing.com now. Smiley
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 12:38:04 am »

They have decided not to take the camshaft machine as they say there is no demand for camshaft grinding these days. 
I will ask him if I can have the camshaft grinding machine.  Cheesy
My cam is still in the engine and in the car. There is no way I can get it to Coltec before they move.  Sad

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 07:41:36 am »

Anyone ever compared the 505 turbocam with the one in the Murena's?
I asume it is a faster cam, and would it be usable in the Murena engine?

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 10:58:21 am »

Anyone ever compared the 505 turbocam with the one in the Murena's?
I asume it is a faster cam, and would it be usable in the Murena engine?

I doubt the cam or profile for the Peugeot 505 Turbo would be suitable for a naturally aspirated Murena 2.2

As far as I was aware, only the cylinder blocks are the same.  (The Murena block was used as it is stronger than the Peugeot one)  The heads and therefore the cams are different.  Maybe someone who has one can confirm.  However, the profile and timing are the important parts along with the amount of lift, and the needs of the two engines would be different.

With natural induction, as the piston speeds up going down it pulls more intake.  With a forced induction, it doesn't rely on piston position so much so the valve position/opening should be different to suit.

Roy

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 11:13:51 am »

Thanks Roy for your opinion on that.
The reason I asked is that I have this cam (still build in a turbo cilinderhead) and was thinking of using it, but  had my doubts.
I also have a original 2.2 Murena cam and a Tagora cam.
I like to use the turbohead, and it was revived not long ago along with nicasil coated valves..
Think I put the Murena cam in there to build a standard engine.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: