| Home  Blogs  Help Search Login Register  
Blog Index » Razorback's carb Blog » First look
First look
by RazorbackNOR ... November 05, 2008, 11:02:19 am
Here is a first look at the goodies...

Seems rather oxidated, so vil try to have a go at the parts with Autosol and some steelwool.

//img291.imageshack.us/img291/2137/img3006mediumsv7.jpg" alt="" border="0" />

7 Comments | Write Comment
xx
Re: First look
by Oskar ... April 12, 2009, 02:58:47 pm
nice work
love your office  Grin

xx
by Spyros ... November 11, 2008, 08:40:05 am
See pics

Just to see the pics. Very strange bug : If I remove the post, the pictures disapear again !

xx
by testguy1 ... November 08, 2008, 10:03:07 pm
Just keep posting pictures (nice carbs, by the way!) , - at some point I will find the bug in the forum extension - the pictures *are* there, and as Anders experienced, they turn up when you change into normal forum-board view. (which you do when replying etc)

The blogging extension is very minimalistic, and the blogs are really implemented as standard forum posts, - in hidden foldes in the "General Matra Related" section.

This is a direct link to Razorback's carb Blog as a forum thread:
   http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/board,29.0.html

I will keep searching for the error - I have already found some interesting blog-related errors in the forum log that I will track.

/Lennart

xx
by Anders Dinsen ... November 06, 2008, 09:25:51 am
There seems to be a bug in the blog software so attachments don't show properly, except in certain conditions. I'll chat with Lennart about it... we might be able to find a solution. Until then, I'm afraid you'll have to avoid posting messages with attachments in the blogs section.

xx
by Oskar ... November 05, 2008, 06:46:35 pm
yes, you suck on pictures  Wink Grin

xx
by Anders Dinsen ... November 05, 2008, 05:18:28 pm
Oddly the photos came up when I commented!???

Here is a first look at the goodies...

Seems rather oxidated, so vil try to have a go at the parts with Autosol and some steelwool.

I would avoid steel wool on the carbs and only use a small brass brush. WD40 is great for cleaning old aluminium parts - kind to the metal and able to penetrate the smallest parts. Also useful for cleaning out channels in the carburettor body. Also, I suggest you screw out all jets before cleaning the body. The float chamber should also be emptied and cleaned.

There seems to be a stone caught in the secondary venturi! Good that it didn't make it into the engine...

- Anders

xx
by Anders Dinsen ... November 05, 2008, 05:13:28 pm
I can't see anything!  Huh You should probably check your image link or uploaded files... Wink

Most Recent
Sandblasted
Had to move....
A little polished...
Gaskets and O-rings
First look
Archive
December 2010 (1)
November 2008 (4)
Friends of RazorbackNOR
Blog Mod 1.08 by Charles Hill