| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: T-s under the plastic front?  (Read 10706 times)
sakarlsson

« on: July 14, 2008, 11:12:23 pm »

Hi guys!

I'm making some progress on my Bag and I'm currently doing some
plastic works on the the front and I have a question.

Under the front there are two T-shaped metal pieces that are to be bolted to
the front under frame.  But are they to be fastened to the plastic
front as well or is the front  just supposed to rest on them, like
to fine tune the height or something?

Some previous owner has smashed the front once and made a load
of messy glass fiber reconstruction. One thing that has been made is
to drape some glass fiber over the T-s to make them  sort of stick to the
plastic front.  Here is s picture, it is not obvious here that it is fastened to
to the plastic front, but it is. 

And BTW you can take a look at my other bag images at xaq.se

Thanks.

-- Anders
valross

Bagheera X 1980 + 7 Citroën

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 12:45:48 am »

The question has been answered before on this forum:
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,798.0.html

T-styckena ska sitta fast i karossen. Antingen plastade eller limmade med t ex Biltemas black window sealant.
Jag har verstadshandboken som visar hur alla karossdelar ska fästas. Maila mig om du vill ha en kopia.

Imponerande renovering!!

Impressive restoratrion!!

Lasse

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:22 pm »

Anders,

What yu are doing is quite impressive.
So much that I showed the part you made to fix the rear surpension arms to others. And everybody is very enthousiastic about it.

Would you consider a small batch of remade ofside suspension arm support ?

Spyros
sakarlsson

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:35:39 pm »

Would you consider a small batch of remade ofside suspension arm support ?

Hi Spyros!

Well, they are hand made and it took me quite some labor to make them.  When I get my
CNC mill I will consider making a few. 

Anyway, making a set  one self is quite possible. It helps if you have a lathe to
make the center hole  matching the rubber bearing to a press fit.  Otherwise it
is just a matter of using the grinding machine. I used 4 mm thick farmers iron
sheet and welded two tubes in between the 12 mm mounting holes to keep the distance.

sakarlsson

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 10:43:58 pm »

T-styckena ska sitta fast i karossen. Antingen plastade eller limmade med t ex Biltemas black window sealant.
Jag har verstadshandboken som visar hur alla karossdelar ska fästas. Maila mig om du vill ha en kopia.

Ok, toppen!  Javist, om du har möjlighet att skicka mig en scannad kopia så vore det
grymt.   Jag har bara den blå tyska rep manualen plus reservdelskatlogen från Simon
Auto och jag hittar inget om detta där. 

MVH

-- Anders
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:00:51 am »

Ok, toppen!  Javist, om du har möjlighet att skicka mig en scannad kopia så vore det
grymt.   Jag har bara den blå tyska rep manualen plus reservdelskatlogen från Simon

MVH

-- Anders

Om detta är min manual som ni talar om, det är alltid tillgängliga för försäljning.
Jag har ännu inte sålt tillräckligt för att betala tryckkostnader.
valross

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:30:52 pm »

MVH

-- Anders

Om detta är min manual som ni talar om, det är alltid tillgängliga för försäljning.
Jag har ännu inte sålt tillräckligt för att betala tryckkostnader.

If this is my manual that you are talking about, it is always available for sale.
I have not yet sold enough to pay for printing costs.

No, Spyros, I´m not talking about the manual you sold me. That is a very good maual, worth every euro I paid for it. Smiley

I am talking about the manual  "LO/I-a 02/77, Éclaté des élements plastique amovible d´aspect de caisse. A partir de la série 7 - Année Automobile 1977".
Your manual does not cover the fixation of the body of a Bagheera series 2.
And Anders has a Bagheera 1978 Wink

Lasse

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 07:10:37 pm »

Hi Lasse,

I understand better now. I hope that Google translation services were not too bad
Actually I choose not to include this document in the manual for some reasons.
Matra didn't update correctly the initial drawings.

Let me comment .
1) Easy to spot, drawing I : the rubber above the door glass surrounding is not the good one. The good one is L shaped. Here it's an upside down T, which was actually the very first model and was changed in ... 1974
2) On G & K, you see the chromed plastic profile that is going around the glass on the windscreen.  ... Not correct anymore since it was hold by clips and not around the glass. (But look at the same drawing as the G in my book : I was surprised to discover an extra rubber there ... very thiny) µ
3) J drawing, the Z shaped steel doing the liaison between the fiberglass and the chassis. .. is the 1974 model. Since then this part was removableµ
4) Main drawing : At point A, the triangle shaped profile ... Not really like that + the roof which look like a Serie 1 roof (same on K2, this is a serie 1 roof, not the serie 2 where the upper steel profile has an extra lip making it incompatible with the serie 1 )

I really believe that they only made slight alterations to the first drawing which is annoying me  Undecided

By the way, if you have any drawing on how to assemble the central section , you're a king. I'm missing this  Embarrassed

Wink
valross

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:52:33 pm »

Thank you for the comments!

By the way, if you have any drawing on how to assemble the central section , you're a king. I'm missing this  Embarrassed

Wink

Are you sure there is a special drawing for assembly of the body at the middle section?
In the manual LO/II-c 1 02/77 "Assemblage et étanchéité des élements plastique sur structure" , drawing no 1 shows "Zone AV" and drawing no 2 shows "Zone AR". The two drawings cover the whole car as I can see it.
There is a note saying that the doors must be mounted first, and the front and rear wings must be aligned with the doors.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: