| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Rancho X  (Read 25109 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« on: November 25, 2005, 08:30:14 am »

The car was first registered in Switzerland in 1983, it was imported in Denmark in 1991 but as the Danish owner found the duty to be paid was too high the car was stored in a barn for some years I bought it cheap (together with a sparepart car) in 1994 as the owner wanted to clear some space in his barn, and then I stored the Rancho in my barn for 10 years.
The car is in very original condition, with its original paint, the gray velour interior clean and unspoiled, and no modifications have been made to the car.

Regards Hans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 10:20:54 am »

Congratulations, Hans!! It really looks good! Its looks are very modern, people will admire it!

I passed an original Simca 1100 in Copenhagen the other day, so it *is* possible to keep these cars.

Cheers,
Anders
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:22:18 am by dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 10:31:04 pm »

Excellent work Hans!

As Anders (and I'm sure all other danish enthusiasts) I welcome yet another Matra on the insanely taxed danish roads !

10-15 years of storage, then lots of work and loving care, to make it roadworthy again ...  Now imagine anybody doing that for a Kia Carneval in 30 years time ?! ... hahaha

No... . the Matra's certainly have their spirit, that makes it all worth it.

I give you all of my ten thumbs up !

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 01:44:40 pm »

Hi
Now we have Valdemar considering (or maybe even working) a diesel conversion of his Murena, I will post two pictures of my first testing last summer of similar diesel engine in a Rancho chassis.
However the initial test shows that the engine is 30 to 40 mm longer than the original engine, and a result the gearbox gets too close to the left front wheel which will limit the turning of the wheel in an not acceptable way. The diesel engine is fitted with a 5 speed gearbox which also longer then the original gearbox.

I have not had time to do any follow up; will have to look for a more compact diesel drive unit!

Regards Hans

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: