| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PSA reintroducing TALBOT  (Read 6954 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« on: September 10, 2008, 08:19:05 am »

Hi
On the German Matra forum I have just read a small note which is based on a article in a Swiss newspaper says the following:
The PSA group wants to introduce a series of cheap and simple cars. The group do not want to use their existing brand names Citröen or Peugeot but they will reintroduce the brand name TALBOT for their cheap (and low quality) cars.

A shame for those of us who has TALBOT MATRA written on the back or front of our vehicles.

ans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:29:49 am »

Yes, that's a shame really, to have the TALBOT name connected with low quality. I remember how the Simca brand was associated with cheapness back in the 70's (at least in our family, we had a Renault 16), and how the switch to Talbot in 1979 was intended to add some quality to the brand.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:22:02 pm »

Well....

If a car is simple and cheap, it doesn´t have to be low quality, at least I wont hope so. In my oppinion the quality in Citroen cant get any lower. My C8 spends most of its time in the workshop. When it runs it is a great ride, but my god, it costs a lot of money.  But my old, simple and cheap Matras hardly never gives me any trouble..... but they are of corse also from before the name was changed from Simca to Talbot Wink
But It would be a shame if our "Talbots" will be connected with cheap, low quality cars. Cry

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:24:14 pm »

Provides they don't use SIMCA, I'm fine.

This might even be good, they will have to provide support for my Solara.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: