| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CD Player Fualt  (Read 8428 times)
sjguk

« on: September 13, 2008, 12:32:20 pm »

Hello again,

I have a few problems with both of my Espaces and am tackling them one at a time, had a great response  Wink to my first post about locking flywheel on 'the race' so now to tackle issue #2 while I wait for parts for that job.

I am getting my 'dt' ready for sale and have a problem with the  CD multiplayer, when I try to play a CD it tries to read disc then says error on the dash display, so I went to remove the CD cassette but it would not eject when I pressed the buttton! It has been working fine all year until a couple of weeks ago.
Anybody have any ideas how whats going on??  Huh

Stuart

2002 Grand Espace 2.2 DCi 'The Race'
1999 Grand Espace 2.2 RTX DT
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:47:10 pm »

Sounds like the cable has broken or fallen off. The cable is attached to the player mechanism in the trunk and the other end to the main unit under the RH front seat. Neither are easy to access AFAIK (I've never had to do it myself!): I think you need to remove the panel on the LH side of the boot entirely. Last time I tried to run a cable under it and wanted to remove it, I gave up, though, as it's fitted quite well against the window, but you might have better luck than me, or may also be able to get away with just lifting it out.

The other end is more difficult as you need to remove the seat entirely to remove the carpet and plastic grille covering the main unit. But once the seat and grille are cleared, you have access to the goodies down there and can check the cable...

Good luck Wink

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
renaultbiler

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:29:55 pm »

...also sounds like a jammed mechanism, try to tap repeatedly on the cassette and see if it releases itself.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
sjguk

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:47:28 pm »

Thanks for the replies,

Sounds like I could have a tricky problem to solve here Embarrassed just checking connections.
I will have a root around and let you know how I get on, when I bought the car the CD would play up but has been fine for ages, maybe a lead was loose then, the dealer replaced the radio before I bought it and may not have tightened evrything up, who knows. Will have a go at tapping the cassette/unit to free it, fingers crossed.

Thanks again, will keep you posted on progress.

Stuart

Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:31:59 pm »

Have you tried pushing the little button below the main multichanger eject button? You'll need a pen or pencil tip or similar. Pushing that cycles the 6 CD trays and may help because I tend to agree with Tom (renaultbiler) that it seems more likely to be a jammed mechanism in the multichanger or a CD that has become dislodged from it's tray.... and as you know the CD's sit vertically within the cassette/multichanger so there's more chance of that happening than in a horizontally mounted unit.
So, before going on to take out seats or side panels to check the wiring I'd first get the CD cassette out of the multichanger to make sure it isn't that causing the problem.

By the way if you do need to remove the inside panel it's a 10 minute job once you have the seats out..... but only if you know where they've hidden the securing screws  Wink
There are 4 visible torx head screws at the front end near to the rear passenger door. At the rear one is visible about 4cm above the floor and two are "hidden"... one inside the removable cover and the other is only accessible by prising out the little grille at the top of the side panel which is visible with the tailgate open. The whole side panel then comes out in one piece by lifting it upwards and off the mounting lugs that are located just below the window line.

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:38:11 pm »

By the way if you do need to remove the inside panel it's a 10 minute job once you have the seats out..... but only if you know where they've hidden the securing screws  Wink

Excellent, Martin! Thanks Smiley

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
renaultbiler

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 06:24:58 pm »

Ive taken out and opened our cd player a couple of times due to repeatedly jamming - it can be taken out without removing the trim if you can work blind-folded (guess im lazy Roll Eyes )
Sprayed mechanism carefully with some kind of silicone spray and it seems to have done a good cure.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
sjguk

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 12:52:40 pm »

Ok, time for an update,

Firmly believing that trying the simplest method first is the best policy I tried tapping the cassette, no good. Then pressed the small button below the eject button, unit clicked twice then fell silent, tried pressing the eject button, no good. Had a few attempts at this with no joy. Resorted to tapping unit one last time as it sounded like it was trying to work, this time I tapped a bit harder, frustration setting in, and hey presto, unit ejected when button pressed Smiley. Have re-inserted casstte and cycled thro CD's, all is well and playing fine.

Many thanks to all who replied, most appreciated.

Will be posting another small issue soon, still have to replace crank pulley on 'the race' when time and cash permits.

Cheers  Wink

Stuart

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: