| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another Headlight Question  (Read 6365 times)
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« on: September 14, 2008, 07:08:37 pm »

When I acquired my car, the vacuum headlight raising system had been removed and replaced by a large knob under the steering column connected to a rod passing through the boot, as shown in the first two pictures.  I've now got the parts needed to replace the vacuum system, but I'm unsure where to fit the control valve.  I assume that it's fitted horizontally, with the outlets over the two holes, currently blocked by rubber bungs, but in this position the magnet fouls the bonnet prop and the cover doesn't fit.  I suspect the bracket for the bonnet prop has been fitted the wrong way round, as the hook on the other end seems to be facing the wrong way.  Can anyone confirm this please?  Also, how is the cable that controls the interlock that prevents the bonnet being raised when the lights are up attached at the bonnet catch end?  Can I get access to it by taking the boot floor out or is it a nose cone off job?
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:39:59 pm »

I will try to help as much as I can.

My cable to raise the lights got broke by a clumsy bodyshop. I, also, have nothing that prevents the bonnet opening with the headlights raised, so can't help you there.

Regarding the control valve; yes there should be 2 vacuum pipes coming through the grommeted holes and the pipe from the rear of the car going into the top. The control valve sits on top of the 2 headlight pipes, with 2 bolts through the inner wing securing it. The metal pressure release valve points towards the front of the car, with the 2 electrical connectors (I'm an expert in this area now!!) underneath it.
The bonnet prop should in no way foul this, but be attached just in front of it.
Sounds like the bonnet prop has been fitted incorrectly.

Here is a picture...

Hope this helps.

Antony

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:33:32 am »

Excellent! Thanks, it looks as if my bracket has been fitted to the correct holes but facing the wrong way.
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 08:04:52 pm »

Here is the cover for the valve!  Wink
http://cgi.ebay.de/Abdeckung-Kofferraum-vo-li-Talbot-Matra-Murena-2-2_W0QQitemZ170263461953QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170263461953&_trkparms=72%3A829%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:11:10 am »

Thanks for the link  Grin  I've already got the cover, at considerably greater cost Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: