| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: photos and story from raceweekend at sturup swe  (Read 12242 times)
Oskar

« on: August 27, 2008, 04:30:11 pm »

this was last weekend starting at friday night and going on all weekend, saturday and sunday.
The wether was great at friday night.  warm and slippery after a while Wink

on saturday it really rained like hell. Lucky me the murena is an excelent car in rain!
the handling..  o my god the balance is amazing.  you can really feel how it wants to oversteer a little if you corner to quickly.
and the brakes.  yes they are good. you cant really feel it dives as much as fwd cars thanks to the rearbrakes are so good.
and then the engine. its soo goo..  no its not Cheesy
90 horses and a rewmeter wich wont come over 4krpm..  and ontop of that 950kg + 2 guys in the car.. well in some small tight corners you can get the ass out when cornering fast and floor it in second gear (yeah, it has to be wet) . feeling the ass coming out is great  hehe

and its very nice that people coming up and talk and showing big interest in your car. almost as if is whas a puppy and small kids coming up Wink

I like telling the story about the front seat and the 2 extraseats that are for 2 small fine frenchgirls.

thats all.  Ill be racing this car alot more! Grin

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:10:35 pm »

Great photos, Oskar - they remind me of my own (wet!) track session exactly two years ago! Smiley

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Titus

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:05 pm »

Superb. What a great way to enjoy the car. I'm taking my 1.6 around Silverstone in two weeks time. The first for me on a track in this car. Although not quite a track day (only 2 laps) it will be fun. As of today, I think I'm the only one to be doing this. Any MEC UK members still thinking about it please try your best to attend.  Roy has the details if it is not too late. It could only be fun.

I sould have the Spax suspension fitted (as per Lennart) by then. Would be great if another standard 1.6 turned up to compare the drive.

1.6 Murena
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:06:36 pm »

I think you would struggle to push a standard 1.6 to the limit, let alone one with modified suspension.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 10:11:57 am »

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, Titus.  My point was that the power of the 1.6 is so low and the standard set-up so good that it would be impossible to explore the limits of the roadholding, at least under dry conditions.  I think Oskar only had the fun he obviously did because  it was raining.  I agree with you that we should all support MECUK and spread the good word of Matra whenever we can, but your post was the first I had heard of that event, it was not in the July magazine under meetings, I can only assume that you heard of it because you are in touch with Roy.  Perhaps the Club should have an email distribution list or update the website more frequently.  Anyway, have fun at Silverstone.  Smiley
Jacobosterlindh

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 01:07:52 pm »

Haha, härligt! Vänta bara tills mitt projekt är klart, då jäklars Wink Tycker du ska hänga i en mi16 eller alfa v6an...

Will you attend to the trackday at sturup now in the end of september (27/9)?
Oskar

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 02:25:19 pm »

In dry the car had good grip and almost no understear.
and the brakes are fenomenal. this car is a tru french racer Cool

im very tempted to put in a bigger engine, as the xu9j4 but im not sure how it will fit now when people saying the gearbox will hit the trailingarm.

I might show up at sturup the 27, dont know if i will drive it. The 205gti is very much faster on the straights  Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 09:04:19 pm »

Simpler than an engine switch would be to fit a compressor...

<edited sunday morning Wink >

or fit a tuning cam... a wilder cam will of course ruin some low end driveability, but will improve breating by a lot. I don't know what kind of power figures you can pull out of the 1.6 engine, but you can probably gain a good deal of performance and fun Wink I'm running a fairly fast cam on my 2.2, and while it does need to be a bit carefully driven in the low end, it revs freely past the redline, and from 3000 rpm, it's pure fun Grin

Politecnic has one for the 1.6 engine (seems to fit Bagheera's too) with 260 deg period on the inlet and 296 on the exhaut. It's a funny combination, but I'm sure some of the Bagheera guys knows something about the potential of it.

That would be a good start for a tuning project, IMO...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:50:35 am by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Titus

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:11 am »

Flying the Matra flag at Le Mans series Silverstone. GT40. Far too common!

1.6 Murena
Waldo

Diesel power :o)

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 07:03:50 am »

GT40 kit cars that is  Wink

Flying the Matra flag at Le Mans series Silverstone. GT40. Far too common!
Titus

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 09:23:09 pm »

Well spotted Waldo. But not all. A genuine Le Mans winner was in attendance.

1.6 Murena
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: