| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Matra for my family  (Read 5008 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« on: October 25, 2008, 04:49:51 pm »

Hi
I have just yester day collected a Renault/ Matra Grand Espace in Germany. It is a 2.2 diesel 7 seated from 1998 with 200.000 km on the clock.
Every thing worker absolutely perfect on the 800 km drive back home, and the car is in general in a very good condition and I find it a very nice car to drive.
The vehicle is for my wife, as she wanted a vehicle that could pull a horse trailer for two orces i.e a total towing weight of 1700 kg. Further she have got the idea that she wanted a vehicle with a higher seating position than what you get in an normal saloon car. (And I do absolutly not want to get a 4x4)
Now I "just" need to pay the Danish registration taxes, which is roughly twice the price that I paid for the car in Germany.

Hans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:15:22 am »

Hi Hans and welcome to the Espace community. It sounds like you have found a very good car. What colour is it? The obligatory silver, or one of the alternative colours? Photos will be appreciated Wink

So now you have a Rancho, a Murena, an Espace, and I think you also have a Bagheera in your barn, right? That's a fine collection of Matras!

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:01:36 pm »

Hi
Thanks for your welcome to the Murena community. Now I will have to find out where to get Espace parts at reasonable prices. Not that I need any for the time being.
My (ehh my wife’s) Espace is silver. I think the car looks brilliant in light colours, I was also very interested in an Espace in light green but it had only 5 seats.
You are right regarding my collection of Matras, however I also have an additional  Rancho and an additional Bagheera in both striped down completely to the bare chassis. My plan is to use my Murena during summer and the Rancho during winter

Hans

PS Before buying the Espace I did inform my wife that one reason that I wanted an Espace is that it is actually not a Renault but a Matra. Just to avoid any future discussion.
My wife had a long test drive in the Espace yesterday (while the Danish test plats were still valid) and she loves to drive it. Good for me!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: