| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fan belt  (Read 7604 times)
paul3lions

« on: December 15, 2005, 06:41:56 pm »

Hi all,I'm new to this having just purchased my first 2000 Espace,the problem I have is apart from loving the car it has a squeak which I have been told is the fan belt(the one on the front left of the engine going around about 6 pulleys).
My question is...is this a simple DIY job or does it involve a garage and if so.how much approximately am I looking at?

Thanks and I look forward to spending many an hour enjoying this site
paul3lions

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 06:45:25 pm »

by the way it is a 2000 model 2.0 16v RT-X manual
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 08:34:45 pm »

Hi all,I'm new to this having just purchased my first 2000 Espace,the problem I have is apart from loving the car it has a squeak which I have been told is the fan belt(the one on the front left of the engine going around about 6 pulleys).
My question is...is this a simple DIY job or does it involve a garage and if so.how much approximately am I looking at?

Thanks and I look forward to spending many an hour enjoying this site

Hi there!

Congratulations on your "new love"!
The fan belt is not expensive or difficult to replace, but on the 16V engine there are some things to be careful with to ensure that it's correctly positioned. If you are an experienced car DIY'er, you should have no problem doing it, but if not, I'd leave it to a Renault garage - you will be certain that it's correctly tensioned then.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: