| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: S-Kit documentation needed  (Read 11427 times)
njesper

« on: September 29, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »

Dear fellow matra people,  Wink

It seems that for many reasons (I don't have the energy to list them right now), modified cars are not necessarily easy to get registered in Denmark.  Tongue

What I really need from one or more of you is to get scanned pictures, or written material, that specifies what an s-model is. I.e. a normal 2.2 with a kit consisting of this and that part. And hopefully, not any changes to brakes or suspension, compared to the normal 2.2.

For instance a scanned picture of the written list (document or package contains) of parts from a genuine s-kit. The list should be with some sort of matra logo on it or other proof of authentisity, so that I can proove, that the s-model was a 2.2 + kit, but no changes to suspension and brakes.

It's not enough, just to grab some text from the net saying, that the s-model had 142 bhp, and some extra body parts, I think.

The sooner, the better....... I'm desperate... any attachments are welcome.  Cry

Best regards,

Jesper
Waldo

Diesel power :o)

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:11:57 pm »

Hi Jesper,

I have an article about the 2.2s kit car compared to the fleichmann tuned version.
Don't know if it could be any help?

/Valdemar
njesper

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:30:12 pm »

Hi Waldo,

Damn your quick. Anything goes, I think. Please scan it if you can (or take a picture or something), and put it in the thread. Then I can mail it to the right people. I am really getting frustrated with "doing the right thing" about this project.

But I still see this project as helping all other danish matra people, that wish to modify murenas in the future.

To anybody who wants to write, that it is terrible to modify murenas, PLEASE DON'T post it in this thread. We have had this discussion to many times before to clutter yet another thread. THANK YOU  Wink

Waldo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 06:13:57 pm »

Well just checked... don't have it at home. Must be at the workshop!

I'll post the info I got tomorrow, but here's an Ebay link to the magazine with the article:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Sportfahrer-1-83-AC-3000-ME-Matra-Murena-BMW-535i_W0QQitemZ230293032874QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230293032874&_trkparms=72%3A1280%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
FOB

83 Murena 2.2

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »

Hi Jesper,

Look here, it is about the same:

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,902.0.html

Best regards,

Finn  Smiley

Dear fellow matra people,  Wink

It seems that for many reasons (I don't have the energy to list them right now), modified cars are not necessarily easy to get registered in Denmark.  Tongue

What I really need from one or more of you is to get scanned pictures, or written material, that specifies what an s-model is. I.e. a normal 2.2 with a kit consisting of this and that part. And hopefully, not any changes to brakes or suspension, compared to the normal 2.2.

For instance a scanned picture of the written list (document or package contains) of parts from a genuine s-kit. The list should be with some sort of matra logo on it or other proof of authentisity, so that I can proove, that the s-model was a 2.2 + kit, but no changes to suspension and brakes.

It's not enough, just to grab some text from the net saying, that the s-model had 142 bhp, and some extra body parts, I think.

The sooner, the better....... I'm desperate... any attachments are welcome.  Cry

Best regards,

Jesper

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »

Hi Jesper
As I am myself in the process of installing a more power full engine than the standard engine in my Murena I have collected the following documentation:
- Owner’s manual for the S-version.
- Service information from Peugeot Talbot regarding the Murena S
- Scanned technical (drawings) documentation for the Prep 142 kit.

The two first documents states that the power output is 140 HP for the S-version and that the rest of the car is unchanged. The prep 142 documentation shows that only the engine is modified plus spoiler, side skirts and plate under the car.
Prep 142 and the Murena S is technically the same car. Prep 142 had a dealer installed kit and on the S the kit was installed at the factury (last 470 Murenas).

Krede has been in contact with the relevant Danish authorities (Færdsesstyrelsen) and has got the information that with a 115 HP Murena you are allowed to increase the HP to the highest power output that was available en the same car i.e. 140 or 142 + 20% that is 170 HP. For a higher power output you will need approval from the manufacturer:

I will contact you direct.

Regard Hans
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:51:36 pm »

Hi Jesper,  just realized that your e-mail is hidden in your profile on the list. Contact my on hansmoelbjerg@hotmail.com

hans
Waldo

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 08:35:48 pm »

Sounds like Krede and you have looked a little closer into this matter!

Do you know what kind of documentation they demand for you to prove the cars current power output?

To start with I will run a 90bhp setup, but maybe later get it approved to run a higher spec.
Will also upgrade brakes/suspension to 2.2 setup, but how will you ever be able to prove the mods?
The danish faerdselsstyrelsen have no idea what the differences between the 2 models was... (apart from the brake diameter)

I have been told by the tax office that they do not care at all... will not charge more for construction changes even though they could in theory and is keen on doing so on newer cars  Wink

Hi Jesper
As I am myself in the process of installing a more power full engine than the standard engine in my Murena I have collected the following documentation:
- Owner’s manual for the S-version.
- Service information from Peugeot Talbot regarding the Murena S
- Scanned technical (drawings) documentation for the Prep 142 kit.

The two first documents states that the power output is 140 HP for the S-version and that the rest of the car is unchanged. The prep 142 documentation shows that only the engine is modified plus spoiler, side skirts and plate under the car.
Prep 142 and the Murena S is technically the same car. Prep 142 had a dealer installed kit and on the S the kit was installed at the factury (last 470 Murenas).

Krede has been in contact with the relevant Danish authorities (Færdsesstyrelsen) and has got the information that with a 115 HP Murena you are allowed to increase the HP to the highest power output that was available en the same car i.e. 140 or 142 + 20% that is 170 HP. For a higher power output you will need approval from the manufacturer:

I will contact you direct.

Regard Hans

njesper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:40 pm »

Understandably, Færdselsstyrelsen do not have the resources needed to control/check everything.

That's why we have Automobil Teknisk Institut. It's a danish company that "greenlights" special, "not type approven" cars. HURRRRRAAAAHHH  Grin
Mostly they are supporting the auto industry, when it introduces new cars to the danish market, and see to it, that the cars live up to danish "second opinion" high standards.

ATI is very helpful, with guiding me with my project. They know all about the newest legislation from færdselsstyrelsen, and they will hopefully soon greenlight my project, after reading through the dutch papers on the car, and sorting out, what extra testing is needed to approve the car in denmark.

I dont want to go into details with my project yet, but I can come up with some of the rules, layed out by færdselsstyrelsen (29/09-08):

1. Youre allowed to increase the output by 20%, on top of what youre car is rated to AS LONG AS ITS THE SAME ENGINE!! (keep this in mind) if not, the car is suddenly "not Type approved".

2. If your car is not type approved, you have to get a company like Automobil Teknisk Institut to look at your car, find out what is needed for getting it approved by them (papers/closed road-tests), and then they will provide you with the papers, that makes it possible to get the normal MOT (normalt syn). Of course this is not something that they do for free.

Well, here's the problem. My car has got another engine i.e. not type approved with that engine. Suddenly nobody knows how the car handles with this engine? What about vibration patterns from the engine. What about the extra power? What about new top speed?

Furthermore, my cars new powertrain delivers more than the 20%.

So these two facts make it clear, that my car HAS TO BE greenlighted, by the right authorities, if I want to have the car road legal, and that indeed I want to.

Now here's another rule (well, basically only interesting for people wanting to get not-type-approved cars (another engine) approved in denmark. If you increase the power by more than 40%, THEN færdselsstyrelsen will demand a veeeery hardcore test, called the 2000 km test, where after the car has undergone this test, it will have to be FULLY disassembled, for checking all parts for fetique. DO I NEED TO GUESS WHAT THAT COSTS? forget about it then, and buy a lupo  Grin

Best regards,

Jesper
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:01:30 pm by njesper » Logged
Waldo

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:22:16 pm »

Thanks for all the details...

If they decide to give me all sorts of problems I will end up moving to sweden  Cheesy
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 10:05:02 am »

Am I really the only one about to wet myself to hear that Jespers v6 is on Danish plates and we can start lining up for a trip around the neighbourhood???  Grin

To start with I will run a 90bhp setup, but maybe later get it approved to run a higher spec.
Will also upgrade brakes/suspension to 2.2 setup, but how will you ever be able to prove the mods?
The danish faerdselsstyrelsen have no idea what the differences between the 2 models was... (apart from the brake diameter)

I think your main concern will be the switch from petrol to diesel.
And if you DO get in trouble, maybe Lennart's papers from when he had his car registered with the 1.9 can help... 
Waldo

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 09:22:29 pm »

Well... I have actually been given the all clear on the HDI conversion  Grin

Only question is whether the tax people will charge an extra import tax due to the car having a new identity... but I was told they didn't care before I started the project Wink

I just need to get the bloody car finished soon Roll Eyes

Am I really the only one about to wet myself to hear that Jespers v6 is on Danish plates and we can start lining up for a trip around the neighbourhood???  Grin

I think your main concern will be the switch from petrol to diesel.
And if you DO get in trouble, maybe Lennart's papers from when he had his car registered with the 1.9 can help... 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: