| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Polyurethane bushes  (Read 23206 times)
Oskar

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 12:59:28 pm »

id do it if I could find any tubes in right diameter  Huh

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
klumzer

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:58 pm »

After going through this topic and seeing the condition of the bushes on my car I do not want to change them to PU bushes.
But the bushes of the anti roll bars, hmmm... I have to change them.
Has anyone tried something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-anti-roll-bar-ARB-poly-u-d-bushes-mounting-brackets-pair-19mm-ID-NEW-/360376930666?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e823916a

darrenheli

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »

These will move the front anti roll bar forward and put extra pressure on the drop links and distort the bushes to much
uberprutser

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:04 am »

They will be mounted lower and a bit more forward. And you will need to compensate for the fact that the front bushes are round not D shaped. You will probably also need to shorten the stack of rubber bushes. But it might work. Let me know how things workout i can use a few new once myself.

klumzer

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 06:29:13 pm »

These will move the front anti roll bar forward and put extra pressure on the drop links and distort the bushes to much

No, I thought it for the rear ARB which looks the same. As uberprutser mentioned the front bushes has different shape.
And of course I do not want to modify the suspension. Matra engineers were much more clever than me... Smiley

I only wanted to know if anyone has experience of PU bushes for the anti roll bars. Maybe those have longer life than rubber ones. Other bushes are in quite good condition on my car so I have to change the ARB bushes only. Before buying new ones I wanted to collect some info.

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 09:32:57 am »

-----
Maybe those have longer life than rubber ones.
-----
The problem with rubber bushings is that the vulcanizing process never quite stops causing them to harden over time. PU bushings are not subject to such a process as far as I know. On the other hand, some synthetic materials disintegrate over time and perhaps that could happen to PU bushings. Moral, keep an eye on the bushings and replace them if needed.  Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
uberprutser

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:35 pm »

I would recommend the modifying the front brackets as shown in the picture below.
When you look a the bracket in my previous post you can see that it is a bit warped.
I hope that this reinforcement will prevent this from happening again.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:48:25 pm by uberprutser » Logged
klumzer

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 07:08:28 pm »

Could anyone send me some photos of the front anti roll bar outer bushes? I found a photo on Carjoy's webpage, but I have totally different ones. Which is the original? How should it look?
I would be grateful for dimensions...
Thanks in advance.
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:36 pm »

Hmm, this is what my original ones looked like when I disassembled them this summer. I do not have a picture of the new ones I brought from Simon, but I do believe they were identical to the old ones.

Your old ones look more like a shock bushing....
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,898.msg18133.html#msg18133

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
klumzer

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:59 pm »

Thanks for the photo.

Are there any other cars whiches use the same inner bushes for the anti roll bars?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: