| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: door is very hard to open  (Read 5267 times)
Oskar

« on: December 25, 2008, 11:17:54 am »

mary x-mas   Smiley

my door is tricky to open from outside, i need to pull the handle very hard so the fiberglas really flex.  From inside its no problem at all.  I hapen to have spare dooropeners but dont really know how to change. dont want to strip it all down...

does any one have a quick how to ?  Smiley

feel i need to work out after all christmas food  Roll Eyes

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 08:44:51 am »

Hi Oskar,

This is common, I'm afraid. At least it's always easy to get out of the car in case something happens.

The best way to open the door is this way: Drivers side: Use your right hand, and reach over to the handle. Place your thumb on the pivot point (where the handle is fixed) and use your fingers to open it. This will releive a lot of the stress on the door panel and also take a little pressure off the locking mechanism if you actually push the door inwards a little while you pull the handle.

Once you have it open, you should grease the system throughly everywhere: Inside and outside. I think we had a discussion about this here on the forum about a year ago? You may also want to adjust the lock so the door is a little further out when closed. This will take pressure off the door seals and make it easier to open. My passenger side door has this problem, and I have adjusted the lock so the door has a gap of about 2 mm. This is visually too much, but since I can't teach the above procedure to my children and I want to prevent the door from cracking any more than it already has, I can live with it - and it's now easy to open Smiley

- Anders Cool
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:54:03 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 08:51:05 am »

I've had a similar problem. So its not a rare occurrence
Megatech

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 02:54:27 pm »

Simple (but efective) solution.

Try tighten the screws fixing the locking mechanism at the end of the open door - or maybe adjust.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: