| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera 2 parts  (Read 12389 times)
MatraMan1

« on: August 16, 2011, 10:12:04 pm »

Hi, I purchased my Bagheera X Nov 2010 only to have a woman in an Audi TT jump a red light and take the nose off my car July 2011. I now need help locating metal panels making up the front frame in front of the wishbone on the passenger side and across the front  ( LHD vehicle ) including a complete head light for the same side. The fiberglass parts are not a priority at the moment. Can anyone point me in the right direction. The metalwork on this car is very good as it came to England from Italy 10 years ago.
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 08:05:26 pm »

I believe some metal parts are available. If you are in the UK try Matra Magic.

How badly are they damaged? Could they be straightened and reused?

Can you take pictures and show us the problems?

Where are you in the UK?

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
MatraMan1

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:49:22 am »

Thanks Andy. I have tried Matramagic but not very succesful at the moment. I have also checked on  HB autos in France and Simon auto in Germany without  any luck. It is difficult to see the extent of the damage in photos and yes I think some parts may be beat back into reasonable shape but it would be far better if I can obtain as many parts as I can. Does anybody know if the headlamp pods are the same on series 1 and series 2 Bagheeras? Also needed is a replacement bumper with the lamp units intact. I live near Wareham in Dorset. I guess its going to take a long time to sort this but the car is to good to scrap.
andyowl

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:34 am »

"...Also needed is a replacement bumper with the lamp units intact. I live near Wareham in Dorset. I guess its going to take a long time to sort this but the car is to good to scrap...."

Nice to hear you want to repair it!

I may be able to help with the bumper. It is in three parts. Do all need replacing? GRP is very easy to repair (I hope!). How bad is the metalwork that supports the lamps in the back of the bumper? Are ALL the lights destroyed? I may be able to help with some of them too. Metalwork is getting hard to find but not too hard to make (or straighten!).

Have you taken the nose cone off yet?

Have you got the Phil Kitch book on how to restore your Bagheera?

Do you belong to the Matra Enthusiasts' Club UK?

Andy

MatraMan1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:14 am »

The bumper is very badly smashed and the lamp units on the passenger side have been demolished. As far as I can make out it was a 3 part bumper but its far more now! The cone is completely off and the headlamp is totally beyond repair. Phil lives near me and I have paid him a visit but again no help with parts but he does have a couple of nose cones available. I have just applied for membership to the Matra club and I am also a member of the Simca club. I did purchase a Bagheera parts book from MatraMagic for future reference and I am also going to a big autojumle at Loeach in France at the end of September where I will be looking a little harder than in previous years.
andyowl

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:45 pm »

Try me with the pictures anyway!

Andy

lewisman

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:49:01 pm »

If it helps, I have a complete set of Bagheera X body panels apart from a bonnet.  The only problem is that I live in the Western Isles of Scotland!
MatraMan1

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:30:49 am »

Thanks very much for your reply. At the moment my priority is for any metal parts making up the framework the nosecone fits onto including items like the radiator surround and fan housing. When I realise I can repair the front framework successfuly I will the look at buying body panels.
andyowl

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 02:13:31 pm »

I am dismantling a 1979 Bagheera Jubillee edition. You are welcome to come here (Surrey M25 J10) and cut off the whole front.

I hope to take what is left to the scrap yard in mid-September.

Some parts are OK, some are poor, but it is much easier to restore than create from scratch!

I am working on my Bagheera today and over the weekend. Come over and see what I have. Other than Sunday lunchtime I shall be pleased to see you anytime. Call me if you are interested. 01372 844152 is the best line and leave a message if I am not in.

Andy Owler

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: