| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Server upgrade  (Read 4500 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: January 31, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »

Good evening - Saturday Jan 31 2009.

I just upgraded Apache, PHP, PHP-gd, Mysql-server, mysql-client, plus a number of less important packages. It SHOULD have been almost unnoticeable by the users, but I was bitten a bit by my own design :-) ... as I had forgotten the chrooted environment of each website needs a fresh hardlink to the mysql socket outside the chroot (when the mysql is upgraded).

Result was that "everything woked, except things using he database" ... which means all forums, - so in effect that meant: nothing really worked for 15-20 minutes, until I remembered the hardlink trick.  Sorry.

The only thing still needed is a server reboot, which I think I can do Monday Feb 2, as I may have a chance to be near the server physically in the unexpected case it needs more attention than I can give it through my serial console connection. (highly unlikely though)

/Lennart
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:27:18 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 07:38:03 am »

I had forgotten the chrooted environment of each website needs a fresh hardlink to the mysql socket outside the chroot (when the mysql is upgraded).

How could you forget that, Lennart? Grin

I personally didn't notice the down time, and just want to point out that you are doing an excellent job maintaining this forum. Thanks for doing the upgrades and taking the time to fix the problems that occur!

Cheers,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: