| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: TDC - where? and how difficult is it to access? [Fixed!!]  (Read 28460 times)
TheJoker

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 05:59:35 pm »

Bit of an update.  Smiley

First of all. I got the car up on the ramp and pushed the sensor so it touched the flywheel. Then I spent 1h reattaching the plastic spoiler lip that I had torn off by driving the car up the ramp.  Roll Eyes Embarrassed Embarrassed
Since then, I've only recieved the EKG-symbol once. I've been driving the car around town, and yesterday I took it for a slightly longer trip. Compared to how it was it's miles and miles better. The only dark cloud is that one single EKG-symbol that's unnerving me. If that wouldn't have happened the track record would be 100%.  Roll Eyes

I also said that I'd post a picture of the cable. So, here's the pic. I don't know how to tell whether the cable has been upgraded or not.

Big thanks to all who's chipped in with info!

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »

I don't know how to tell whether the cable has been upgraded or not.

The sheathing of the cable that you've exposed by opening up the outer plastic protection sleeve is still intact so there is no evidence that a modified/updated connector has been spliced in to the wiring. If it had it would have been done between the cable retainer (that is securing the cable to the gearbox housing) and the connector but there are no signs of any joints within that area. So, in my opinion your vehicle already had the latest connector factory fitted from new.

The other reason I believe your vehicle already has the latest connector is that your Renault dealer supplied you with the same part number of TDC sensor that I fitted to my Espace and that was confirmed by Renault to have the latest connector already fitted from new.

Hope that it is still behaving OK for you

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
TheJoker

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 12:52:22 pm »

Thanks for that Martin! I am however a bit surprised that you reckon that it's got a "good cable" from factory, as this is, as far as I know, one of the earliest 2.2dCi cars. I thought the TDC failure was affecting only the 2.2 dCi cars... Huh I might have misunderstood it though. Very kind of you to have a look.

The car is behaving nicely. It only once in a while shows the  EKG-icon - very very rarely. And when it does, it has got a 100% record of going away if I turn the key off, and then on again. It has been running flawlessly when running.  Grin

I have however not used the car very much - I think the diesel in the tank is from November...  Roll Eyes

...I'm actually considering selling the car, just because it's a bit pointless at the moment.  Shocked  Cry

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: