| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Cap for Espace  (Read 5351 times)
Elmo the Espace

« on: March 09, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »

Went to get new dizzy cap and rotor arm for my espace today.
The one on my 1994 2.0 8v petrol Espace is black and has straight pins on which the ht leads fit.
Euro car parts only list 1 dizzy cap which is red the ht leads will fit at a 90 degree angle intermotor number  46110 although they were selling me a BERU make, mines a Ducellier.
I did not buy the cap or rotor arm as i know they will not fit.
Can any one let me know if there is more than 1 cap fitted to the espace.
Many thanks

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
Transit 140 bhp limited SWB 2009
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:43:56 pm »

Went to get new dizzy cap and rotor arm for my espace today.
The one on my 1994 2.0 8v petrol Espace is black and has straight pins on which the ht leads fit.
Euro car parts only list 1 dizzy cap which is red the ht leads will fit at a 90 degree angle intermotor number  46110 although they were selling me a BERU make, mines a Ducellier.
I did not buy the cap or rotor arm as i know they will not fit.
Can any one let me know if there is more than 1 cap fitted to the espace.
Many thanks

The J7R engine has had a number of different distributor caps and H.T. leads, but the official Renault parts list show only caps with 90 degree outputs.  Mine for instance has the outlets at 90 degrees and the ends of the leads are straight, but the screws that hold the cap on are smaller and so the later version with larger screws doesn't fit.  If you have a cap with straight outputs then I presume it is a non-standard one and your H.T. lead ends have 90 degrees instead?  So if you find and fit a cap with 90 degree outputs you will also need to change the leads.  However, I did see a cap with straight outputs for sale on eBay recently, so they are available.  As long as the cap fits and the leads fit correctly and reach without problems, you can use either, but certainly the official Renault/Ducellier one has 90 degree outputs.

Roy

Elmo the Espace

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:29:42 am »

I spoke to Renault today, they want me to remove the Distributer and take it in to them.
Apparently on the main body there is a part number.
They do not carry any of the dizzy caps so it will be a special order.

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
Transit 140 bhp limited SWB 2009
tanner

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:15:48 pm »

sounds like you may have a volvo dizzy cap fitted? i have fitted one myself before as was cheaper that the renault listing?? Sad
try a local parts shop not renault and ask to see in the flesh so to speak all there caps listed for the espace.

worth a try Smiley

mine has 90 degree angled ones by the way!
oh forgot to mention got mine new from motorquip cap about £12 arm £3.50
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:20:10 pm by tanner » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: