| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wheel arch liners  (Read 4712 times)
TimS

« on: June 12, 2014, 08:53:52 pm »

Can anyone tell me if the Murena has rear wheels arch inserts in the rear?

The front wheel arches have rubber inserts pieces at the front  and metal ones at the rear, whilst the rear wheel arches had those fibre/rubber panels on the forward side. All these are quite fragile and tend to rust/rot and I have replaced most on mine with home made ones.

However my car never had any wheel arch liners to the rear, so I wonder if the car should have them?

Simons catalogue doesn't show any.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:18:03 pm »

The front wheel arches have rubber inserts pieces at the front  and metal ones at the rear, whilst the rear wheel arches had those fibre/rubber panels on the forward side. All these are quite fragile and tend to rust/rot and I have replaced most on mine with home made ones.

However my car never had any wheel arch liners to the rear, so I wonder if the car should have them?

No, they never did have them Tim.

Roy

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »

The front wheel arches have rubber inserts pieces at the front  and metal ones at the rear, whilst the rear wheel arches had those fibre/rubber panels on the forward side. All these are quite fragile and tend to rust/rot and I have replaced most on mine with home made ones.

Below is a photo of a set of liners that I believe are original from the Murena. I think the ones on the right are for the front fenders to prevent dirt being thrown back between the fender and the chassis by the door. The other two I think are for the same purpose in front and behind the rear wheels.

Additionally, if you shine a light up between the chassis and the rear fender at the top of the arch, you will see aa piece of metal (or the rusted remains, like on mine  Angry ) that I believe was supposed to keep dirt from lodging in the narrow gap on top.

I have looked into making a full plastic wheel arch, but it is on hold pending a number of mechanical challenges. Sad

Matranaut par excellence Cool
TimS

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:24:58 pm »

I'm remaking all mine. The fibre ones were for the rear. At the front I think I originally had metal plates to the rear and flexible ones at the front. They have all corroded away but can be cheaply remade. I actually used cut up old rubber car mats last year as a quick gap filler and they worked very well!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: