| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Boot Floor  (Read 6894 times)
JL

« on: August 03, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »

Has anyone had problems with the spot welds on the rear seam of the boot floor parting company; I have also noticed small localised cracks where the longitudinal under floor chassis rail is mounted - this appears to have the engine stabiliser mounted to it. I have welded the seam and made a reinforcing plate attached to the boot floor, chassis rail and rear bulkhead, it is sealed (not as neatly as I had hoped the sealer is very tacky! but at least it will be covered by carpet) with a PU sealer/adhesive. Having experienced the boot floor dropping out of my brother's Bagheera I hope that I have cured the problem.

John
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:24:41 am »

Did the car had a collision on the back in the past?
Before I made the boot waterproof fish was swimming there.
Rustproblem?
I had some problem there to, but it was a old welded spot due to a accident I think.
Not a very clean job they did in the past.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
JL

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 02:06:01 pm »

The boot floor seems quite straight with no signs of accident damage, I think that it is a few weak spot welds putting too much strain on the others and becoming detached over the years; once the seam has become weak the flexing of the floor near the stabiliser seems to have caused the cracks. Hopefully rewelding the seam and the reinforcing plate should cure my problems.
John
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:21:30 pm »

--- I think that it is a few weak spot welds putting too much strain on the others and becoming detached over the years----
John

Just how many cases of beer did you try to stuff into the boot?  Grin Grin Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »

Forget the cases, you have no idea howmuch bottles go in there without the case Grin
In case anything goes wrong, you can pull the plug at the bottom.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
JL

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:51:15 pm »

The chance to make at trip for cheap continental beer would be great!
I was going to to a quick refurb to get the car on the road but typically Matra I have been sidetracked by other bits that need doing - never mind, it will be worth it in the long run and it keeps me away from the TV.

John

PS How many bottles should I hope for!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: