| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rear Discs  (Read 22499 times)
JL

« on: March 25, 2009, 12:21:58 am »

I have been looking around to find out what rear discs the 1.6lt Murena uses and if they are still available. Has anyone got any details?
Thanks
John
valross

Bagheera X 1980 + 7 Citroën

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:37:37 am »

Murena 1,6 has the same rear discs as the Bagheera, Simca 1000, Simca 1100 and others

D=234,5
T=58
F=75
S=11

There are lots of OE numbers
SIMCA : 32356W
TALBOT : 0003235600 - 0005883600 - 0012915140 - 0017737614 – 00905594

Price per disc is from €30

Lasse

JL

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:45:55 am »

Brilliant, thanks for the reply.

Regards
John
JL

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:28:37 pm »

Front and rear discs and pads are now in my garage ready for me to fit. I dismantled the rear brakes and then decided to overhaul the trailing arms. Luckily they were very easy to remove as some kind soul had greased the bolts; while I was under the car I also remove the silencer for inspection, the manifold seems to be a low grade stainless 4 into 1 with a stainless silencer and both with plenty of life left in them.

I now have some questions: I notice that there is a very small pin sized hole in the inner driveshaft gaiter – are they easy to get and if I can get one are they straightforward to dismantle and repair? 

On my car there is a heat shield on the engine bay/boot bulkhead which seems to be original but on the underside of the boot floor there is a quite heavy 2mm aluminium panel which appears to be a homemade heat shield. Should there be a heat shield on the underside of the boor, if so does anyone have any picture so that I can make another of more appropriate metal.

I have also been looking a bit deeper into my paint problems. Not only is the lacquer peeling but there are also blisters in the paint going right down to the gel coat; I have sanded the paint down to the gel coat in a couple of places and there appears to be no damage to the gel layer but the blistering must have been a problem before as there seems to be 3 respray layers of paint and lacquer on the car. I understand that blistering can be a problem on GRP boats but have any of you had experience of this on a GRP car?

Regards
John
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:27:54 am »

I now have some questions: I notice that there is a very small pin sized hole in the inner driveshaft gaiter – are they easy to get and if I can get one are they straightforward to dismantle and repair?
Matra Magic sell the boot kits, although they are quite expensive.  They are very straightforward to repair.  The boot is held on by a tin can, the edges of which are peened over.  Overhaul is just a matter of taking the can off, cleaning everything up and putting it back together, using the grease supplied in the kit.  Take care not to lose any of the needles in the internal bearings, probably best to wrap a piece of tape round them to stop them falling apart while you're working on them.  The bearing carrier is quite a tight fit on the shaft splines, so yo may need to use a small 3-legged puller to remove it.
Gib

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 04:56:07 pm »

Bumping this back to the top as it has the Rear Disc ref's for 1.6 and is about the most recent topic.

Any way has any one bought 1.6 rear discs recently as they seem to be a bit unobtianium. I can find a few references but when I check they do not have any in stock.

The best number I can come up with is EBC "D043" does any one else have any current info on getting a pair?
GP

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:14:36 pm »

Bumping this back to the top as it has the Rear Disc ref's for 1.6 and is about the most recent topic.

Any way has any one bought 1.6 rear discs recently as they seem to be a bit unobtianium. I can find a few references but when I check they do not have any in stock.

The best number I can come up with is EBC "D043" does any one else have any current info on getting a pair?

Checked with my local friendly Motor Factors and at great cost (two Eccles cakes) he dug out his old books and came up with:          
Delphi: BG2067  
QH: BDC3206 (Quinton Hazel)

He checked with his Delphi suppliers but found nothing available, but didn't have a Quinton Hazel supplier to check.
I suspect you may have to bite the bullet and purchase the EBC which are available, or check with Simon for availability and price?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-REAR-BRAKE-DISC-PAIR-D002-TO-FIT-MATRA-MURENA-1-6-80-83-/221352821616

http://www.simon-auto.de/matra/englisch/matra.htm
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:39:18 pm by GP » Logged
Gib

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 10:06:57 am »

Thanks for the info unfortunately EBC have no discs in stock and most people who advertise the discs don't have any in stock and just order direct from EBC even thou they are advertising they have x amount in stock ( I have also found this true for wheel bearings).
So two jobs to do, contact Simon or carjoy and see what they can do and see if Eccles cakes are on the royal mails prohibited list otherwise I will buy you some if I hopefully meet you
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 09:14:01 am »

You can also use the front disks from Simca/Talbot 1100 Horizon.
They fit the Bagheera and Murena 1.6 on the rear.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apec-Brake-Disc-Part-No-DSK178-/181173442420?hash=item2a2ec75774:m:mJIDPi69NZxNaB29xTBHByg

Other compares.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:18:34 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
perry

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 03:50:46 pm »

I need to replace my rear discs on my 2.2 which rotors are compatible, any help please?
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 05:57:12 pm »

The rear discs are unique to the 2.2, but they should still be obtainable from Simon Auto, albeit at a price.  Do not use 1.6 discs as they are of a smaller diameter and the pads will overhang the edge.
MatraIan

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 09:16:20 pm »

The 2.2 dics are still available from Simon I have just had two. Matra magic also list them at £140.40 inc Vat Each
Simons website has no price on the website so you will have message them to check latest cost. I got them for less than 140 each but had a job lot if items through Roy at Redwood RS.

Murena 2.2 S Red 1984, Rover 600 ti, BMW 1 coupe M sport. Mercedes C class CGI sport
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 02:23:22 pm »

I need to replace my rear discs on my 2.2 which rotors are compatible, any help please?

As Peter has stated, the 2.2 rear discs are unique, so there are no compatible ones available.  The fact that Simon Auto has no price at the moment and that  it says 'Preisanfrage' which means 'Price enquiry' usually means he is out of stock, and you need to contact him to see if he can help or is having some more made.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: