| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Front Fog Lights On 3.0 Espace  (Read 12829 times)
Waynecarrow

New to this !!

« on: January 29, 2006, 11:03:26 pm »

Hi,

I have a 3.0 Espace which has several problems they are now getting sorted by a garage, it has had a replacement engine due to the cam belts breaking and is in the process of getting the automatic gearbox replaced, one other problem that it has is with the front fog lights.

The front fog lights do not work, no light appears on the dash but the rear ones are OK, is there a relay or something that supplies both front foglights and the indicator on the dash? sound like the switch is operating but no lights or indication shows,

Does anyone have any ideas?
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 09:55:43 am »

Hi, there is a relays to control the front fog lights, it is in the engine compartment. I'll have a look in the diagram when I get home tonight and post more info then.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Will Falconer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 02:00:38 pm »

Hi,

The front fog lights do not work, no light appears on the dash but the rear ones are OK, is there a relay or something that supplies both front foglights and the indicator on the dash? sound like the switch is operating but no lights or indication shows,

Does anyone have any ideas?

As the garage will have the whole front off the car to do the engine/transmission they will need to plug the wires back in when they put it back together, so they should find the problem.

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 07:14:27 pm »

There's a big connector in the fuse box in the engine compartment, pin A8 connects to the fog lights (white leads).
The main computer in the fuse box controls it.

But if the control light is out too (this is controlled electronically by the main computer) then it is likely that it is the power into the computer that is problematic. Fuse F21 is the one to check, and pin 11 on the black 16-pin connector on the back of the main computer. It should have + from battery. Pin 10 is the output directly connected to the fog lights.

That should get you started...

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
yellowt5r

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »

Hi mine is exactly the same problem. i have an 01 DCI but i cant see what you mean about the connectors. would it be possible to put up a pic please?

thank you.
BrianM

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:50:40 am »

I cant believe this thread has over 2000 views, obviously a hot topic. My fogs are good, just my headlamps not working  Huh Turned them off at the motorway services in Belgium & they didn't come back on, been driving on the fogs since. Guess with the nights drawing in i'd better sort them out.
ross

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:43:23 pm »

Hi All, on reading the thread about the Fog Lights, it occured to me that some time ago the Fog lights on my Espace had much the same problem and this turned out to be the stalk switch. On the topic of Headlamps not working there are fuses for each headlamp in the junction box along side the battery, but these atucked away so the battery needs to come out to find and replace them.

2005 Grande Espace 2.2DCi
1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
roa

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:56:16 pm »

I've had to fix my foglights on two occations, both caused my a small wire coming loose from the stalk switch.
Fix is simple: remove bottom cover in front of steering wheel. A small white wire should be spotted at the base of the stalkswitch. Solder it in place(top connection)  -let there be light!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: