| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why is my clock colour changing from red to orange?  (Read 8542 times)
sjguk

« on: April 18, 2009, 12:37:29 am »

Hello again,
Strange one this, I had a bulb blow on the dash of my 2.2TD, the one that shows the lights are on, replaced it ok, but then my clock changed colour to red, then back again to orange, and so on, and so on. Has this happened to anybody else? The kids like to guess which colour it will be in the mornings but is there something more to it.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Stuart

2002 Grand Espace 2.2 DCi 'The Race'
1999 Grand Espace 2.2 RTX DT
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:30:03 pm »

The clock goes red when something is wrong. Does it say anything in the display? SERVICE? You probably have to get a diagnostic tool on the car to find out what it's trying to tell you...

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
sjguk

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »

Anders,

The only time I get a service message appear it is for the airbag. Today I went out and got the service and airbag symbol but it all stayed orange, yesterday it was all red!
The airbag symbol does not always come on and I have had the OK sign in red as well.
None of this started until the day I replaced the blown bulb on the dash either.
Renualt (car) electrics truly is a black art!!

Stuart

renaultbiler

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:12:55 pm »

long shot - have you tried to remove the bulb you replaced?
Normally it should be orange

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
sjguk

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 06:18:47 pm »

Sorry for the delay in replying, check out my other post and you'll understand why.
In answer to your question, no, I haven't yet tried that yet due to working on my other Espace, but as I can't think of anything else to do it seems like a good idea. I will keep you posted as to how I get on.
Stuart

ross

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:23:04 pm »

Hi Stuart,
I to have the dubious pleasure in owning a Grande Espace 2.2dTi registered in 2000 on a W plate.
Ever since I have had the car, nearly 4 years now,  the remote central locking and the air bag system have given all sorts of curious faults.
I to have started a blog on this site to see if there was any sort of common solution to the faults but although everyone knows of the problems no one can come up with a relistic remedy.
I think that the change in colour of the clock/temp indicator is connected to the air bag system, as it seems to occur on my car, when the seats are disturbed from their normal position, which I think must move a wire or connector and cause the fault.
After a while it settles down again and the orange re-appers consistantly.
There does not appear to be any harm in this happening, but I am not sure if the air bag system would work properly in the event of a shunt, if the red colour was showing.
I have been advised to replace all the components of the computer system to guarantee curing the problems, but this would cost at least £1000, at a Renault dealer, the only source of the programming solution.
I have muddled on with the faults and it has got no worse in this time.
Best of luck with your efforts.
Regards
Ross

2005 Grande Espace 2.2DCi
1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
renaultbiler

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 03:13:10 pm »

My theory is that the color insident is a malfunction in one of the instrument panel prosessors as the two colors used in the Multi information display is either orange or red depending on what alerts it is suppose to show. The various alerts all come from the BII unit (that handles all input/output information regarding instrument panel) but the color programmed to go active based on each event is most lightly to be set in the instrument panel programming. So what most lightly happends is that the chip holding this programming OR the LCD prosessing chip are messing up showing clock and temp in red once and a while.
We all know of the "Year 2000 Motorola" problem causing RF failure and blinking instrument panel and this might just be another symptom of this Motorola prosessor malfunctioning...?...

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: