| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena Bumpers  (Read 6837 times)
JL

« on: April 16, 2009, 03:02:18 pm »

Are Murena front and rear bumpers all covered with stone chip protection (lumpy finish under the paint) or should they be smooth?

John
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:11:06 pm »

Smooth... at the front at least.. mine has that lumpy stuff under the paint.. but I don't think that its intentional
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20:02 pm »

I was wondering if its possible to remove the black plastic on the front/rear bumpers to clean them, ive got a few loose areas and moss has grown underneath over the winter... I keep meaning to look but forget when im in/near the car..
JL

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:34:48 pm »

If you mean the rubber that wraps around the bumper, mine is off and is held on in the main by rivets with bolts at each end. I had to cut the nuts off the bolts to remove them but needless to say that the rivets just about fell off.

John
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 10:15:23 am »

Are Murena front and rear bumpers all covered with stone chip protection (lumpy finish under the paint) or should they be smooth?

John

Only 1983 models had the stone chip protection under the paint John.  All earlier models were just paint on the glass fibre so they were smooth.

Roy

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:20:44 am »

I was wondering if its possible to remove the black plastic on the front/rear bumpers to clean them, ive got a few loose areas and moss has grown underneath over the winter... I keep meaning to look but forget when im in/near the car..

You need to remove the complete bumper assembly first to remove all the trim.  The full width black rubber is fitted on a metal strip which is held by rivets from the back.  The black plastic end trims are held by a small bolt with a plug over the head.  You need to remove the plug carefully (if you want to re-use it) and then if it is not totally seized unbolt it, but it may be so bad that you will have to cut it off. (or it may shear if you can get a good grip)

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: