| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: gear linkage  (Read 5324 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« on: December 19, 2008, 03:58:52 pm »

Hi
We a very happy with our ”new” Espace and everything works perfect, except for one minor problem: Quite a lot of force is necessary in order to move the gear stick sideways. The gearshift softens up quit a bit when the engine is warm.
I will assume that the gearshift is with cables (I have not yet had time to check it out) if so will it be possible to grease the cables or will it be better just to order a new set of cables right away.

Is there anybody out there who has any experience with this problem?

I have downloaded the workshop manual I think from  Matrasport.dk but I have not been able to locate any information regarding the gear linkage.

Hans
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:42:27 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged
renaultbiler

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:07:45 pm »

Note: The linkage is supplied as one whole unit only on these, wires cannot be bought separately - comes complete with gear stick assy and wires. Quite expencive....

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »

An up-date
As I was advised that a new gear linkage would be expensive I decided to try to fix the existing cables.
As the gear linkage is very difficult to get access to (working on a Murena is easy compaired to the Espace) I just greased the cable ends near the gear stick with some penetrating oil. The result: Now a few months later the gearshift works perfectly!

Hans
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: