| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1.6 murena engine and gaerbox for sale (SOLD)  (Read 14806 times)
Oskar

« on: April 10, 2009, 07:29:49 pm »

one neat engine for sale. it runs good but it takes a while to start it if has been standing for a while (think its the carb)  could run 0.8liter/10km
and gearbox is excelent except it has a crack where startermotor is mounted so it will not engage properly when starting.   it can be fixed...

it comes complete except distributerhead wich i manage to crack when removing engine  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:25:03 pm by Oskar » Logged

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:47:12 am »

I hope you're not thinking of replacing it with a non-Matra engine.  We've only just got the Murena forum calmed down after Matranut's post.  Still, if you fancy a nice Zetec engine then there's someone who knows how to do it  Wink
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:29 am »

Hi
To be a little provocative I will say that there is no such thing as a Matra engine (in Matra's commercial cars):
The D'Jet used an Renault Gordini engine
The M530 Used a Ford Taunus engine
The Bagheera used a Simca 1100TI engine
The Murena used Simca/ Talbot or Peugeot engines
The Espace used Renault running gear.

That said the above mentioned engines were  factory fittet so thay are of cause the original engines for the vehicles mentioned. But the engines are not "Matra Engines" Matra did not even bother to put a Matra sticker on the engines.

Happy Easter
Hans
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:24:21 am »

I hope you're not thinking of replacing it with a non-Matra engine.  We've only just got the Murena forum calmed down after Matranut's post.  Still, if you fancy a nice Zetec engine then there's someone who knows how to do it  Wink

LoL.. Smiley.

I "fear" Oskar is contemplating a pug swap of some sorts...? Smiley
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:31:11 am by krede » Logged
Oskar

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:42:59 pm »

well im not leaving the french talbot/peugeot family
remember that peugeot 505 shared the same chryslerengine so a peugeot engine aint the same as leaving the matra religion and becoming a ateist  Tongue

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 12:57:14 pm »

I know this might not mean a lot to you(and Michal will probably kill me for this) ... but you have my blessing son.. Smiley

ps: keep us posted on the project
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 04:40:10 pm »

Hey! Are using me also for scaring your children? Cheesy

Pug engine 1,9i is fair unit for replacing the 1,6 and as I told somewhere before, if Murena would be produced after 1984, than 1,9i would be in it, I think.
Renault engine in Djet was not choosen by Matra, they simply assumed it with the factory. Than they used engines from that producer which they were confederated with (first Ford, than Simca resp.Talbot). If it had been on them, they wanted to produce road cars with their V12 engine, but it was a nonsense a bit Wink
And how it was with Espace? Matra prepaired the project on the Talbot platform but Peugeot decided not to invest money in it because Peugeots managers thought that monospace vehicule won't have succes on the market (ha ha  Roll Eyes ), so Matra went to ask for money to Citroen but with the same result. Than they went to Renault and Renault said yes. But not because of Renault geniality, but because they had one requirement - stopping the production of Murena! They knew about project 4S (2,2 with 16V technology and cca 180PS) and is fact that Murena was much better than Fuego (with all in front) and don't think that engine behind the rear axle in Alpine is better than middle-engined Murena. If Murena had 2,2 16v and PRV V6, than Alpine A310 would not had any chance. So Matra decided to stop Murena and start to produce the Espace with Renault components  Sad and how it was unsuccesfull is known very well...  Roll Eyes thank you very much PSA!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:42:30 pm by michaltalbot » Logged

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 06:31:54 pm »

Hey! Are using me also for scaring your children?

HA HA HA HA!!! belive me Michal.. If I had any.. I WOULD!! and it would get them to bed with time to spare!!  Grin Grin Grin

But of cause.. If ever I get kids.. I will only fit genuine spare parts on them... and not mess around with any fiberglass spoilers! Wink

I think you are right about the alpine though...
If Matra had kitted the Murena out as a true sports car with a proper engine gearbox, brakes etc .It would easily have been able to match the alpine.  (in my opinion a Murena is only a "sports coupe"... 118hp??.. C'mon!)

And a funny fact that I have found is, that alpine owners I've spoken to, tends to patronize Murena drivers.... I wonder why that is?? 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:34:12 pm by krede » Logged
Oskar

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 07:51:26 pm »

ive started a blog on the engineswap  Smiley 

I like your info michal.  the rest of the car will be genuine oiginal, ill promise  Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 10:59:47 pm »

Krede: patronize? My dictionary has positive and also negative explanation of this word, did you mean that they feel "higher" than us or that they have respect before Matra?
118bhp? Not bad for cca 1 ton of weight. Don't forget that it was in 1980 and it was a follower of Bagheera with 85 resp. 90bhp  Wink

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 11:56:13 pm »

did you mean that they feel "higher" than us

yes....it's like they think the Alpine is better because it's a six cylinder and more expensive.
Matramannen

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 12:31:52 pm »

one neat engine for sale. it runs good but it takes a while to start it if has been standing for a while (think its the carb)  could run 0.8liter/10km
and gearbox is excelent except it has a crack where startermotor is mounted so it will not engage properly when starting.   it can be fixed...

it comes complete except distributerhead wich i manage to crack when removing engine  Roll Eyes

What is the price on the engine and gearbox? I need only the gearbox but if the price is right i can buy them both.
Jonatan
Oskar

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 01:32:54 pm »

3000skr and you get it all
the alternator is almost new  Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Oskar

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 07:24:42 pm »

sold to matramannen  Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6