| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Electric windows -> Manual windows  (Read 5929 times)
Murena IRL

« on: May 05, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »

Has anyone converted or changed their windows to manual?

I have had three Murena's over the years and never had both electric windows functional on any of the cars. Would prefer the ease of manual windows.

Cheers
Derek

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:46:10 am »

that's a very "French"  attitude..... just surrendering !!! Grin Grin Grin.

Seriously though!.. I think that the electric windows on mine are god send. With cold air ventilation being as poor as it is, I find it very useful in the summer to be able to open/close the passenger side window while driving.

Have you checked the switches?... they seem to be a particular source of grief with regards to window problems.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:03 am »

My poverty-spec 1.6 has manual windows and it is a real pain using a parking ticket machine or a toll booth with a left-hand drive car when you have to wind down the right hand window by hand.  My advice would be to check the switches thoroughly or try and find a better substitute.  French switches and connectors are notoriously poor quality.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29:22 pm »

Has anyone converted or changed their windows to manual?

I have had three Murena's over the years and never had both electric windows functional on any of the cars. Would prefer the ease of manual windows.

Better to change only the drivers side to manual if you really do, as it is much easier to use tolls and parking ticket booths etc. in the U.K. with an electric window on the right.

I have just obtained a manual mechanism for someone else that wanted to convert to manual and the mechanisms are now hard to get, and the handles no longer available except in black.

To fit is almost a straight swap but you will have to cut a hole in the trim.

Roy

Murena IRL

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:37:41 pm »

Thanks for that Roy.

Where are the handles available from?

I remember I bought a Renault 9 or Renault 11 electric window mechanism for my first Murena and was (if I remember correctly) same as Murena.

Would the same go for the manual mechanism?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: