| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wiper Blades  (Read 14283 times)
Murena IRL

« on: May 10, 2009, 12:36:11 pm »

What are the wiper blades on a Murena from? Can I pick up a pair at Halfords or any other Motor Factor?

Thanks.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:56:40 pm »

What are the wiper blades on a Murena from? Can I pick up a pair at Halfords or any other Motor Factor?

Thanks.

Provided the arms are standard the standard Bosch ones should fit.  Halfords sell an equivalent with two in a box - one spoiler blade for the driver and one plain for the passenger side.  500 mm length.  If you fit longer ones bear in mind the increased drag on a dryish screen increases the load on the wiper motor.

Roy

Murena IRL

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »

Thanks Roy
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:03:44 pm »

Provided the arms are standard the standard Bosch ones should fit. 

Roy
Hi Roy.
I was working on my wipers today and have a question about the standard, or original, wiper arms that came on a new Murena. Were the original arms straight, or bent?

The arms on my Murena are (were) straight. The result was that the driver side wiper stopped about 6" from the left side of the windshield. I found that annoying, since it obscured the view of oncoming trafic.  Angry

I took them off today and applied a slight bend in the arm, so that it will reach to about 2" from the edge of the windshield. It means that the arms will sit a little bit "higher" on the windshield when at rest. But when needed they will provide a better sweep.

I am wondering if the original wiper arms had this bend in them? I will post photos after they are remounted (I painted them and they are still drying)

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:33:47 pm »

Oetker found out that wiper arms frm a ford ka are identical to murena wiper arms.
He posted it on the belgian forum
http://www.matramania.be/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1499

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:54:34 am »

Oetker found out that wiper arms frm a ford ka are identical to murena wiper arms.
He posted it on the belgian forum
That is good to know. I don't understand a word it says in his post  Cheesy, but the cat is cute and a good helper too. Smiley

But the photos of the Ka wipers show that they have the "bend" I was asking about. I just put my viper arms in the benchvice and applied a bend to mine. That allows the driver side viper to sweep closer to the edge and not obstruct the view. On the photos below I did a test fit to see if the bend was enough and to compare with the original position.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:51:34 am »

The profit of the Ka arms is that the spring is a bit stronger an the bend is already there, plus you have a uniiversal fit for the wipers, so you can put on anything.
Here I have the Ka arms with Nissan Sunny wipers.

In rest the wipers look pretty need.
The passenger wiper (LHD) is a bit shorter here. then the drivers side wich is 50 cm.
The youtube movie is with the Ka wiper and only the driverside was fitted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrYGVrqKr5E&feature=channel_page

@ Jon
The original arms has no bend, and the dealer sells the Champion X51 for it, wich is pretty expencive.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:23:16 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Oskar

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 11:13:36 am »

I tried the new oneblade type from biltema. it works great and the built i wing keeps them close to the screen in speeds over 70km/h. 
tip of the day  Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 04:27:46 pm »

Provided the arms are standard the standard Bosch ones should fit. 

Roy
Hi Roy.
I was working on my wipers today and have a question about the standard, or original, wiper arms that came on a new Murena. Were the original arms straight, or bent?

The original wiper arms should be straight the full length.  The drivers one had a spoiler riveted on it but as these came so close to the windscreen and actually knocked against it at speed, many owners (myself included) took them off.  Then you simply use a wiper blade with a spoiler built in which is just about right.  The two arms were slightly different length but otherwise the same.

I never had a problem with the wiper not getting close to the 'A' pillar, but if yours was too far away, you should simply move it around on the spindle and re-tighten it.  It should almost touch the 'A' pillar on high speed setting, when travelling at speed on the road with the glass wet.

The arms on my Murena are (were) straight. The result was that the driver side wiper stopped about 6" from the left side of the windshield. I found that annoying, since it obscured the view of oncoming trafic.  Angry

I took them off today and applied a slight bend in the arm, so that it will reach to about 2" from the edge of the windshield. It means that the arms will sit a little bit "higher" on the windshield when at rest. But when needed they will provide a better sweep.

It sounds like a previous owner had lowered them by moving them around on the spindle so they were fully down and at the base of the windscreen when switched off.  If you look at the picture of my silver car on my website you will see the car as it should be with straight arms and wipers slightly up at rest.

Roy

njesper

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:42 pm »

I tried the new oneblade type from biltema. it works great and the built i wing keeps them close to the screen in speeds over 70km/h. 
tip of the day  Smiley

Could you give us a parts number? that would be excellent  Grin

Best,

Jesper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: