| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heater switch  (Read 7583 times)
davidewanprice
« on: May 13, 2009, 01:31:05 pm »

can somone take a picture of the thing that regulates the heater, inside the bonnet. I'm asking as mine was never connected and most of the wires for the adjusters were seized. These are now sorted and I want to put it back together corretly. Also while im at it i'm gonna replace fan switch (on the dash) Mine look pretty ropey.. Has anyone replaced theirs, if so how much approx, where from and can you tell me the correct orientation of wires on the pins?

Thanks in advance.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:53 pm »

I have a similar problem, the valve under the bonnet that turns off the supply to the heater has been replaced by a manual one that I turn on in the autumn and off in the spring.  I would particularly like to know how this is linked up with the heater box and the control inside the car.  If anyone has one in bits at the moment, could they take a picture?
Oskar

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:41:09 pm »

if I remember its  a closed loop cable in hard plastic that turns the switch on the heaterhose.
I might be able to take pictures in the morning or weekend

the fanswitch is buyable from simons but might be the same as volvo 240 eralier models use.
my cables doesnt have different colors so I just connected the different yellow ones to the red (12v+) till I found out wich one was  1,2,3 Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
davidewanprice
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 01:26:54 pm »

I have my dash in bits (well the heater panel), ive got all the calbes working better, just got to re-fit it..  Do you know how much the switch is?
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:00:52 am »

Has anyone replaced theirs, if so how much approx, where from and can you tell me the correct orientation of wires on the pins?

oh yes, - as can be seen from this thread:
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,281.15.html

I bought the spare switch long time ago, and unfortunately I cannot find the invoice - but it must be quite cheap - less than a few tens of pounds or something. 

/Lennart
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:28:41 am by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
JL

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:56:28 pm »

I don't know if this is any help to anyone, maybe it could be made to fit if OE kit is getting difficult to get hold of, they also have other interesting parts to browse.

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/3-speed-heater-fan-switch--swfan-1578-p.asp

Regards
John
davidewanprice
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 08:44:42 pm »

Dear All,

Ive finally had time to re-fit my new heater switch! Thank you JL for your link, I bought one and its a direct replacement and the price is perfect! I'm pretty sure that I was close to something dangerous happening with the old switch, melted wires and heat!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: