| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: door locking mechanism  (Read 4681 times)
bernieallan

« on: May 17, 2009, 08:46:16 pm »

can anyone help, i have an espace 2.2td 2000. The drivers door lock mechanism linkage has come off the lock and the door cannot be opened from the inside, the remote locking is ok and the outside handle on the door works fine but having stripped the door panel off and tried to locate the point at which the bent wire linkage arm connects i could not find anything. The lock and remote mechanism are all impossible to get to on the inside of the door and the support strut (plastic) is riveted into place making access difficult, does  anyone know a way to sort this out other than a garage or dealer?   Sad
benali

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:35:41 pm »

Yes the lock mechanism looks like its impossible to get out, however once you've done it you'll realise its quite an easy op. You need to pull away the threaded rod coming from the exterior door handle, it sits in a spring loaded catch, just give it a good pull. Then use a bent coat hanger or similar to remove the rod coming down from the lock barrel. The lock mechanism complete with plastic shroud will then come away with ease. Good luck.
bernieallan

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:36:47 am »

thanks I will give that a try, the actual linkage wire has come off and its trying to fix that back that is the difficulty, hopefully this will solve it, many thanks

bernie
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: