| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help, Fuel Filter 2.2dCi  (Read 4025 times)
TheJoker

« on: June 07, 2009, 03:39:52 pm »

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of changing the fuel filter on the Espace, but I can't get one of the fuel lines off. They're all colour coded with nice clip-on-clips except one of them, the one labelled 1 in the manual. It's the feed to the engine, I believe.

How do I take this fuel line off? It's black but with a plastic grey/white some-sort-of clip. I think the clip needs to be removed, but I don't want to break anything and all I've tried has resulted in nothing.

HELP!  Shocked  Huh  Roll Eyes

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
TheJoker

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:53:23 pm »

Got it! You push the white/clear bit of plastic inwards, rather than outwards. The rest of them you push the colour coded bits on the sides and slide the fuel lines off. Have 5 pieces of tape handy to cover the lines you've pulled off. Then you "just" yank the filter straight up. I used a screw driver wedged in from the back of the filter through the holes in the back of the holder plate to move the filter upwards by twisting the screw driver. It then came off quite easily.
Push the new filter back on, then connect the fuel lines up. Start with the middle on the right hand side as it's the only way to access the side-clip-buttons easily. Finish with the "special" one; the one to the engine. Then twist the fuel cock to have the lines aligned. Turn the "igniton" on a few times and you'll hear the low pressure pump go. Twist the cock back. Start the engine. Done!  Cool

Grand Espace 2.2 dCi 2001 Silver
KTM 990 SuperDuke R Smiley
Dead: BMW K1200R
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: