| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hot Fuzz?  (Read 8959 times)
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« on: June 11, 2009, 07:37:38 pm »

I managed to acquire an official Murena service manual at Romorantin.  I was browsing through the wiring diagram, as one does, and came across an item "Police Sign".  Did les flics really pursue villains round the streets of Paris in a Murena 1.6?  Or was that someone's bright idea that never materialised?  Any information, or better still photos, would be appreciated.  It would have a lot more style than an Audi Quattro Wink (For our non-UK friends, this is a reference to an 80s TV series "Ashes to Ashes")
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:50:33 am »

The German police drive porches on the autobahn, so I guess it is quite possible that the French police would drive Matra Murenas Grin

I would love to get my hands on an official Murena service manual. The copy I bought from Simons is not complete as far as I can tell. But at least it is in German, which I read better than French.  Grin Grin

Does your manual also cover the 2.2 ??

Matranaut par excellence Cool
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 12:07:23 pm »

My manual only covers the 1.6 and I don't think that is complete either, although all the important bits are there.
lewisman

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:45:05 pm »

The German police drive porches on the autobahn, so I guess it is quite possible that the French police would drive Matra Murenas Grin

I would love to get my hands on an official Murena service manual. The copy I bought from Simons is not complete as far as I can tell. But at least it is in German, which I read better than French.  Grin Grin

I have a disk with all 820 pages of the French murena manual saved as jpegs.  If anyone needs a copy I would be happy to provide it.

Would this be something that Lennart could set up on the site?
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 10:42:28 pm »

I have a disk with all 820 pages of the French murena manual saved as jpegs.  If anyone needs a copy I would be happy to provide it.

Hi Lewisman.

I am definitely interested in a copy of the disk.  Smiley I will even consider learning technical French (not quite the same as the daily spoken language as I have found with the German manual)  Grin Grin  What Can I do to get it and what can I do for you in return?

Of course, if Lennart can make it  available for download, that would be awsome. Shocked

Matranaut par excellence Cool
lewisman

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 11:13:07 pm »

Hi Jon

pm me with your contact details and I will stick it the post.

I am sure that you will be able to help with advice as I work my way through the re-build process!

I already plan to copy your stainless steel replacement ideas at the front end!

David
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:23 pm »

I noticed that the Bagheera circuit diagram also refers to a "Police sign". I had always assumd that these are the plates at the front and rear that carry the registration numbers.

A Baggy with a Blue light would be fun!

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:11 am »

I had always assumd that these are the plates at the front and rear that carry the registration numbers.
They are described as being in the left and right rear lights, so you could be right.  What a disappointment  Sad  I thought we might have had the material for an updated remake of Inspector Maigret.  Still, at least I now know the French for number plate - Plaque de Police.
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 02:21:15 am »

Certainly, unless we're undermining the market for the few but dedicated nice people maintaining stores where we can buy spareparts and such manuals at reasonable prices.   - what's the consensus ?

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: