| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera for sale in Malta  (Read 6861 times)
Fred

« on: January 17, 2010, 02:28:08 am »

I'm making a habit of this .. I'm a bit of an advertisement watcher.  Grin

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/57801

Is it just me, or does this seem like an optomistic asking price, based on the appearance of the car?  I guess it may be rot-free, coming from Malta but it looks a bit shabby (at least).  

As far as I'm aware the very best Bagheeras are valued at about €5k nowadays.

A Bagheera should not really be bought unseen, anyway, although I bought mine that way (but it wasn't expensive).

1978 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1979 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1994 Saab 9000 Aero
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:15:42 am »

I agree with you!!....The asking price is a bit optimistic!!...unless they got the wrong picture for the car!.. Wink About the prices on the very best Bagheeras, I dont quite agree...It is extremly hard to find a top Bagheera for sale (they are out there, but never for sale!!)...The Classic car dealer Mirbach, in Hamburg, germany, had a very nice white, almost original Bagheera 1 up for sale last year. The asking price was 13.000 euro. I know for a fact that it was sold to a collector...and rumours says, that it went for about 12.000 euro!!!... I do hope that there is some truth in that, course I think, that next after Djet, and 530, where prices are climbing...The rarity of nice Bagheeras must in some way take the prices up!!... Smiley

Lars
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:20:06 am by Bagheera Lars » Logged

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 05:11:27 pm »

This is actualy a Courreges Serie 2 and not the usual one.
This command a premium.
Is the price right ? You need to know more for that.
A couple of years ago I let go a similar Courreges serie 2.
The chassis was totaly repaired
This because the white windscreen was broken and because the car didn't had papers.
At that point, I had already negociated the price down to 500 €

I'm full of cars. No need for another one.

But the right price for the very best Bagheera ... Even at 10.000 € you won't find them.

Fred

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »

The Classic car dealer Mirbach, in Hamburg, germany, had a very nice white, almost original Bagheera 1 up for sale last year. The asking price was 13.000 euro. I know for a fact that it was sold to a collector...and rumours says, that it went for about 12.000 euro!!!

But the right price for the very best Bagheera ... Even at 10.000 € you won't find them.
Thanks for the information guys.  It's nice to know that a Bagheera can achieve a good price (not that I'm selling).  In the classic car market there are always models which seem over-priced and highly sought after and others that are little known 'sleepers' which, if anything are under-valued. 

I assume that a series 1 is more desirable to collectors because it is earlier and possibly harder to find in roadworthy condition? 

1978 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1979 Matra Simca Bagheera S  |  1994 Saab 9000 Aero
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: