| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spare Wires  (Read 7524 times)
JL

« on: June 18, 2009, 10:59:43 pm »

As ever with a Matra project things have escalated. I found that the adhesive seal under the front screen was debonding more than I thought and so now I have removed the front screen to completely refurbish the frame and then I will stick the screen back in. I also decided that the only way to clean and repaint the door reveals was to remove the doors; I have done this and have found some spare wires in the door by the electric window motor connectors, does anyone have any idea what they are?
The rubber cable ducts the go from the A post to the doors are really perished, I assume that they are no longer available, so has anyone tried alternatives?

Regards
John
lewisman

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:26:04 pm »

You need Range Rover Mk1 rubber cable protectors!

I bought a pair off ebay and they are as good as they look in Oetker's photos!

http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,817.15.html
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 01:11:43 am »

At the moment there are 5 sets available here.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350210423251

Edit.
I see they sel pretty fast in a few hours.
Here another one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Range-Rover-Classic-93-Door-Wiring-Rubber-Tubes-x2_W0QQitemZ180370538387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item29feebff93&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:27:10 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:25 am »

As ever with a Matra project things have escalated. I found that the adhesive seal under the front screen was debonding more than I thought and so now I have removed the front screen to completely refurbish the frame and then I will stick the screen back in. I also decided that the only way to clean and repaint the door reveals was to remove the doors; I have done this and have found some spare wires in the door by the electric window motor connectors, does anyone have any idea what they are?
The rubber cable ducts the go from the A post to the doors are really perished, I assume that they are no longer available, so has anyone tried alternatives?

Regards
John
Matra projects always escalate.  Shocked I am wondering if it had been better to completely strip the car down to the galvanized chassis and rebuild it piece by piece, replacing worn out parts.
I may still go there. Grin Grin Grin

The extra wires in the door are probably the wires for the electricl lock system that some models were equipped with. Mine has them too. My friend Jan has a Murena with the electric locks. I am not sure he is completely happy with them, because there is a situation in which they automatically lock and if the key is in the ignition... you are locked out, probably with the engine running.  Wink Wink Wink

Matranaut par excellence Cool
davidewanprice
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 11:39:40 am »

I just got mine through this morning, for those who have done this, which is the easy way to install these, saying that I was going to use new speaker wire I got ... Guess either way i'll be taking the door covers off..
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 11:51:46 am »

Take the doorcovers off Tongue
Take the 2 bolts of the hoodopener off
Get the speakerpanel off.
Pull the plug with wires for the electr windows off.
Pull the wires back in the door.
If you have dooropeners (I didn't have) some extra work.
Clean the new loomrubber and put on some vaseline or siliconoil also inside the rubbers.
This rubber are a tight fit, so you need a bit force to put them in place (bit turning and pushing).
It is a straight forward job..

good luck
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:14:02 pm by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
davidewanprice
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 12:23:40 am »

Fitted one side today, easy fix and looks great!! Other side tomorrow!

Just a note to anyone buying the Range rover rubbers, one side is oval and the other is round. On my Murena the two holes are different sizes. The door hole is bigger than the chassis,  i found the oval end was easier to fit in to the chassis!.. Maybe this will help you guys, maybe not....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: