| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JE0K 2002 Alloy offset value  (Read 12271 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: March 06, 2006, 10:17:17 pm »

What is the official ET (Einpressungs Tiefe) / Offset  for wheels on a JE0K 2002 Espace "The Race" ?

I have all the official Renault workshop PDF's in both english and german available, plus several books covering the JE - but cannot seem to find the *official* value for the offset for the wheels.

I bought my car with steel alloys fitted with winter tyres - these are ET42 - and I thus need to buy a nice set of alloys for the summerseason I still franticly HOPE will arrive sometime (we're having yet another snowstorm approaching here :-(  )

When I search for alloys at eg reifen.de reifen.com and similar places, I can select several "approved" alloys - but they end up having offsets between 36mm and 45mm  - and since the two bearings are about 50-60mm from eachother, I think a difference in offset of (45-36=) 9 mm is not something to shrug your shoulders at. I want my bearings to last :-)

To the best of my knowledge, the offset stays the same for a particular car - nomatter what size alloy/wheel you fit, as it is
the distance from the mounting face of the wheel, and the center of the bearing. So using the ciorrect ET will distribute the stress evenly on the bearings.

So, does anyone know the *official* value ?

I could try to measure it, but frankly I think measuring anything this ackward with a precission of a few mm is not going to be easy.

Maybe if would be useful if you all checked the ET / offset on your current wheels, so we can get som concensus ?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 10:17:38 pm by Lennart » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Will Falconer

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:55:13 am »

The original 15" wheels from my 24v have an offset of 43mm.

There's a wheel simulator at www.wolfrace.net that includes the Espace.
You access it by picking a wheel first, not by picking Renault from the front page!
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:48:26 pm »

wheel simulator at www.wolfrace.net

hehe, Will - do they have any "normal" looking wheels at Wolfrace? Smiley

According to their overview at:
http://www.wolfrace.net/wheelrangeoverview.htm
they don't seem to :-)  If this is the selection, then You surprise me :-)

e.g. the Hummer/vie with Zenetti wheels at the bottom ?!?! whoaa. - Now don't tell me you bought such Zenetti wheels for your JE ?!  :-)

http://www.reifen.com   have a very nice wheel selector ("Felgen","Alufelgen" in the top menu), where I can  choose the Espace JE 2.2dci  - even select a colour for the car - and get a large selection of wheels. Very nice!

Trouble is, these vary in offset, - so while they all may be "approved" and legal, they still vary from 36mm to 45mm.

But its seems 42 is about right - 42 is also the answer to "the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything", so it figures :-)

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Will Falconer

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:04:20 pm »

wheel simulator at www.wolfrace.net

I agree. I think their designer must also draw my 6 year son's Action Man comics. This may explain why the aftermarket wheel market is struggling in the UK.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 10:19:18 pm »

My original "the race" alloys have 7J16 ET 45 stamped in them.

So if you are going for a 7" wide alloy to fit the 225's of the standard equipment, I suppose that 45 will be the correct value.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 11:27:29 pm »

I have had it "confirmed" from two individual alloy suppliers, - they have the offset 42mm for the JE0K 2002 in their books.

so 42 really *is* the answer ("to life, the Universe and everything") !    

:-)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: