2.2dt electronics swap

(1/2) > >>

ross:
This is not strictly a new topic as I have been running with this problem for the past 4 years and have posted a few messages, and had a some interesting comments in reply.
For those of you who are not familiar with the problem my Espace has I will quickly recap.
The current situation is that I have a 2.2dt Grand Espace, on a W plate, which has had a problem with the remote central locking ever since I bought the car some 4 years ago.
The local Renault agent wanted £1000 to replace all the electronic components, and re-code the keys.
I have lived with the inconvenience of having to lock the car on the internal central locking button, and then locking the passenger front door, until now.
I have recently aquired another 2.2dt, which has suffered the usual cambelt problem, and I am contemplating doing a complete electronics transplant, from donor car to my Espace, B11 computer - dashboard - keys and diesel pump.
There are a couple of areas that concern me, and it is for this reason I am seeking any guidance you all may be able to offer.
My Espace has more features on it than has the donor car.
By this I mean that my Espace has rear electric windows, and a rear opening window in the rear hatch door, that the donor car does not have.
Is it possible for the B11 to be reprogrammed to enable these options ?
From my enquiries I can see no reason for the transplant not to be successful, with the exception of the options problem.
Before I embark on the task I would like to hear from anyone who can see any flaw in my cunning plan.
If anyone needs any bits from my donor car please let me know.
Regards
Ross

renaultbiler:
Hi,

Re config of BII is no problem, but must be done with CLIP, NXR or XR25 (XR25 if BII older than y 2000 aprox)

Check that the BII unit from donor car have the same part number as yours, or if both are BII B3 you are fine - or both is BII B2 you should also be fine. If donor is BII B2 and yours is BII B3 you could have a problem with some optional configs, but not nessesarily.

You dont have to replace the pump solenoid if you know YOUR cars 4 digit security code - just replace BII + instrument cluster and key plip's - then turn ignition ON and enter the 4 digit code through the central locking button on the roof console (the code on YOUR car, not the donor) - ign OFF and ign ON again and YOUR solenoid have been recoded to match the "new" BII unit.

ross:
Thankyou Tom, for your reply to my question, it was very interesting and could prove very useful.
Before I decide to strip down the donor car, I am trying to find out what damage the engine has suffered, as I hate to see a good espace go to the scrap, especially one that hasn't covered 100,000 miles.
Does anyone know what damage is caused if the piston hits the valves ?
I have taken the engine out of the car and removed the rocker cover to look at the camshaft and valves.
When I slowly turn the camshaft, I cannot see any sign of a sticking valve, as they all seem to be moving the same.
How much does it take for the piston to hit the valve ?
Is it only as little as 0.001"(0.025mm), or does it have to be as much as 0.25"(6.35mm) ?
I will try and measure the movement of each valve, accurately, to see if there is any difference between them.
I am trying to make sure that I need to take the cylinder head off, before I proceed further, to avoid the cost of new bolts and head gasket, to put it back together.
When I turn the engine over on the starter there is a worrying knocking noise, so there seems to be something wrong, but I am trying to make absolutely certain what has occured before going further.
Any help and advice will be much appreciated.
Regards
Ross

renaultbiler:
I think a compression test would tell you most when still assembled.

Anders Dinsen:
I'd be very surprised if the valves were not hurt, so I'd take the head off to inspect in any case, but agree with Tom, that a compression test would be a first.

/Anders

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page