| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Supercharge your Matra-Simca  (Read 6513 times)
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« on: July 23, 2009, 08:48:13 am »

We are just starting a new subject in the Bagheera section on "Supercharging your Matra-Simca". This is specifically about the Series 2 1442cc Bagheera but may also be of interest to owners of Series 1 Bagheeras, the Murena 1.6 and Ranchos.

Please join us there!

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:40:57 pm »

Hi Andy.

It looks nice and an interesting idea for the Murena. I am not sure it will fit. On the Murena the water pump and alternator are on the right, very close to the chassis. If it has to be driven by a belt, you would probably have to place it in the boot and cut holes into the engine compartment. Perhaps an electric powered compressor could work.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:57:26 pm »

Thats the performance gain?
andyowl

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 07:52:17 am »

Only time will tell! 50% gain is the figure usually quoted.

I plan to do some "before and after" rolling road tests not least to set up the mixture at full throttle.

Weak mixture and/or pre-ignition = holes in the pistons

If anyone knows of a SE England rolling road company who is not married to Weber (and understands SU carbs) I'd be very pleased to hear from you!

Andy

andyowl

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:03:07 am »

Jon Weywadt wrote...

"...It looks nice and an interesting idea for the Murena. I am not sure it will fit..."

I have only the smallest familiarity with the Murena having once helped an owner tune the single carb but I had assumed that the engine configuration was very similar to the Bagheera version. I do not know at this stage whether the arrangement I am proposing can be fitted in the Murena. I will take pictures as we go along. Watch this space.

If anyone is in my area (UK, M25 Junction 9) with a 1.6 Murena I would be glad to offer up the blower and see whether it can be fitted.

Andy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: