| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A wiki on Matrasport ?  (Read 7302 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: August 11, 2009, 11:23:14 pm »

Due to popular demand, I am about to install a wiki (a la Wikipedia) on the ClubArnage (Le Mans) forum, which we share server with.

My plan is (of course) to use my experiences from that exercise, to implement a similar wiki here on matrasport - and the setup will be something like:

1) anyone with an account on this forum will have full access to create modify and delete - as with most wikis, this seems to work well.

2) Somebody builds some main structure - a bit like a service manual, just with some higher levels splitting the "book" out on the different models and similar. All input here is welcome.

3) The wiki will of course have search capabilities, so even visitors can search and find articles put here by the members.

4) We could also have a section where any member could type in his own pages - a bit like the blog-module, only that one is flawed, maybe a wiki section could replace the blog module ?

There are simply SO many fantastic articles on this forum that could deserve to go into a more "book" like format  - some wiki's even supports download of the articles in PDF format etc.

What are your thoughts ?
Any idea already now as to how it should be structured ?

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
KiJa

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:53:39 pm »

Hi Lennart

A very brilliant idea, as i speek for my self as a new owner of a Murena, i has already used this forum a lot.

It would be nice whit the seach function.

I found som very usefull data fra Michaeltalbot, about spark plugs e.c.t. which i have copied to a word document for own use, but it will be nice, to have all the data at one place.

Would it be at god idea, to have sections such as, engine, gear, brakes, spare parts and so on?

Kim
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 07:48:50 pm »

I found som very usefull data fra Michaeltalbot, about spark plugs e.c.t.
That was actually (yet another) event that got me focused - I know many have lists of
cross-references etc, and it would be great if we could all update such lists as we find new info.

Would it be at god idea, to have sections such as, engine, gear, brakes, spare parts and so on?
yes, - and for each model
Also free access to create new chapters - we just need to find a good skeleton to start out with - even if it is possible to move pages later (and even have any links to it updated automatically) .

The wiki I have fallen in love with over the last 5 years is dokuwiki  ( http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki )

PS: On Club-Arnage it will be used as a vehicle for the next versions of the Club-Arnage Le Mans guide.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:54:44 pm »

Excellent! You have wanted this for years - you must have found a good solution. I'm very glad to hear it's becoming reality Smiley

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
JV

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:33:22 pm »

Excellent proposal

Jan

Jan Verdam