| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alloy Wheel Refurb  (Read 10870 times)
davidewanprice
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:01:13 am »

Has anyone had their alloys refurbed and if so what sort of money are you looking at?

I may be looking at getting some done, now on a red car, what goes best, silver white or gold?

I really like white but i'm guessing it won't stay white, your thoughts please!
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:56:36 am »

Has anyone had their alloys refurbed and if so what sort of money are you looking at?

I may be looking at getting some done, now on a red car, what goes best, silver white or gold?

I really like white but i'm guessing it won't stay white, your thoughts please!

I am with you on the white, preferably brilliant white. To keep them white longer you could replace hte disk pads with pads from "Green Stuff". They don't produce as much brake dust.

See them here: http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/greenstuff_brake_pads/index.shtml

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:45:06 am »

What is wrong with the original (and very nice) silver color?

Hans
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:47 am »

Loads of places do them, you can even get mobile refurbers these days. Look to about £50 - £60 per wheel.

Just google for them.

I reckon silver is best, but red with white wheels would look good and very "motorsport".
davidewanprice
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 01:29:18 pm »

I must say I like them in white, but the easy choice is silver and I think i'll be going down that root. I think I've found a place that charges about £50 per wheel and comes reccomended so I think he'll get the business. Ive a set of MOMOs on at the moment but I've never liked them, i think the originals are very nice. There maybe a set of 5  15" 5 spoke MOMOs for sale very soon fo anyone whos intersted...
JL

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 02:37:06 pm »

IMHO silver wheels look very good on a red car and also show the grime less.

John
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:33:12 pm »

If the car had been black.. there is no doubt in my mind that the wheels should be GOLD!  Wink

White would be nice too.... but the question for me would be : Did people have white wheels back in the early 80'ies... if they did , Id say its ok, other wise I would stick to silver.... which I would If I had mine refurbished (my car is red too)

You cant go wrong with silver.
davidewanprice
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 05:44:43 pm »

I believe some Matra's came with white wheels.. Well the wheels are white at the moment so when I get them I'll fit them and have a look. I must admit I always loved Lancia Integrales especially with those white OZ alloys they sometimes had...
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 05:51:58 pm »

I believe some Matra's came with white wheels.. Well the wheels are white at the moment so when I get them I'll fit them and have a look. I must admit I always loved Lancia Integrales especially with those white OZ alloys they sometimes had...

I'm with you on the Intergrales Smiley
Titus

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »

My choice would be to stick with the silver alloys on a red car. But how about this. Graham with the white lancia alloys on his prepped 2.2. Nice.

1.6 Murena
davidewanprice
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 07:19:03 pm »

I'm confused, you tell me to stay silver then show me that, only joking, I like those wheels but I really think the original alloys are very nice and thats why i'm replacing my momo's I hope to have my white wheels by the weekend so I'll post a picture and maybe them have a poll!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: