| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Matra cock logo  (Read 17697 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« on: August 07, 2009, 02:07:14 pm »

Is there anyone of you Matra fans, who has a high-resolution picture of the red and blue Matra Cock logo? If so, could you post it to ar reply. Thanks. Smiley

Matranaut par excellence Cool
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:03:14 pm »

From google images...

http://www.cartype.com/pics/2825/small/matra_cock.gif
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 05:03:56 am »

I made these files for the art work for the wheel centre badges. They were based on a low resolution photo. You are welcome to use them for other purposes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:05:51 am by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
KiJa

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:37:57 pm »

Wich is the correct Matra logo. Is it the cock or the Matra Sport or is it both.

I have only seen the Cock on som weels, and there is not any logo on my car, only the letters "Talbot Matra" on the back and "Murena" on the front.
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 02:53:23 pm »

I made these files for the art work for the wheel centre badges. They were based on a low resolution photo. You are welcome to use them for other purposes.
Thanks Anders. They were just what I needed. The ones from Google do not have sufficiently high resolution. I am colorprinting them on a transfer and will try to place them on the rear of the car and coat it wilt clear coat. Playing with the materials and colors to se if they are compatible.

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 10:15:27 am »

The cockerel’s head is a general symbol of French and it is in general used by French sports teams. Matra used the cockerel’s head on their racing cars, but not on the mass-produced sport scars.
However if you look at an old version of the “new” Matra logo i.e. the circle with the triangle across (on a Bagheera Type I speed-o-meter) you will be able to se the triangle is actualy the cockerel’s head.
Hans
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 02:02:31 pm »

Are these based in my original Corel Draw files ?  (did I send them to you back then?) - if not, I can upload them here in some format. I know CorelDraw is unfortunately not very widely used any longer, but if needed, I could convert the CDR file to something importable.

They are already on matrasport in CDR and a (poor) JPG version:
http://www.matrasport.dk/Gallery1/Pictures/index.html
http://www.matrasport.dk/Gallery1/Pictures/Med/coq_logo_CDR.html

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
KiJa

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 02:47:13 pm »

Thanks Hans

I really learn something new each day in this forum Smiley

Kim
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 03:09:10 pm »

Are these based in my original Corel Draw files ?  (did I send them to you back then?) - if not, I can upload them here in some format. I know CorelDraw is unfortunately not very widely used any longer, but if needed, I could convert the CDR file to something importable.

No, I think I just did the drawing myself - it must be five years ago now, so I frankly don't remember exactly Wink I did the drawing in Corel Draw, though! Smiley

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Morten Blom

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 11:07:21 pm »

hi lennart would you like to convert it back to CorelDraw (.CDR) I still use the program in version X4 Cheesy
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 07:02:53 am »

However if you look at an old version of the “new” Matra logo i.e. the circle with the triangle across (on a Bagheera Type I speed-o-meter) you will be able to se the triangle is actualy the cockerel’s head.
Hans

Is there a picture of this logo?

Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 04:32:06 pm »

Hi
As I am working abroard I can not take a picture of the istrument in the Bagheera but I managed to find a picture from a Swiss car, (including a not standard wooden frame).

Hans
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:04:47 am »

hi lennart would you like to convert it back to CorelDraw (.CDR) I still use the program in version X4 Cheesy

OMG ... I have X3 - but it requires me to nurse a PC into life running Windows (poor thing), didn't even know they had a X4 version out.  
Last year I emailed with Corel's marketing director and asked him why on EARTH they don't make a Mac verision any longer (it started on Mac!) - but his answer was that they are "constantly evaluating the market"....   I'd say any evaluation should have them produce a Mac version today, but we'll see.

The CDR files are actually already available in the same gallery - at the very bottom of the gallery:
       http://www.matrasport.dk/Gallery1/Pictures/

/Lennart
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:30:39 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 10:44:12 am »

Hi
As I am working abroard I can not take a picture of the istrument in the Bagheera but I managed to find a picture from a Swiss car, (including a not standard wooden frame).

Hans
Your picture may explain the instrument panel in my Murena, because I have the same green glass in mine.

Since the layout looks identical, I suspect that someone just put a Bagheera glass in my Murena. Unless of course, green was standard on all Swiss cars. Mine was first registered in Switserland.

daniel
voisin en visite

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 01:24:53 am »

Je pense que sa vient d' une bagheera ton fond vert ,nous reprenons les fond orange des bagheera (  les aiguilles  ou tout entier ) ou matra avait tendance de mettre ce qu'il avait sous la main.dire que MATRA  était une entreprise artisanal Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: