| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Very Strange problem  (Read 7967 times)
The Sea Dog

I'm a llama!

« on: April 12, 2006, 02:33:20 pm »

Well here's a strange one for you. Last week I plipped the car open ( 99 Grand RXE 2.2dt ) and got in to start it. Nothing, dash then went blank, flash a few of the warning lights and then beeped. Did this a few times as the ignition was switched on/off. Locked then unlocked started fine. It's done it a couple of times since, but has stopped doing it now. Is this a known problem, or am I just going to have to rip out the dash and check wires ?

Thanks in advance
PAul
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 09:39:55 pm »

Well here's a strange one for you. Last week I plipped the car open ( 99 Grand RXE 2.2dt ) and got in to start it. Nothing, dash then went blank, flash a few of the warning lights and then beeped. Did this a few times as the ignition was switched on/off. Locked then unlocked started fine. It's done it a couple of times since, but has stopped doing it now. Is this a known problem, or am I just going to have to rip out the dash and check wires ?

Thanks in advance
PAul

Without having experienced something similar myself, I think this sounds like a problem with the immobilizer... I think this is one of those periodic failures where you must wait until they stop being periodic and become permanent...

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 01:01:03 am »

Could be poor connections in the immobilizer circuit ? - or to the computer in general.

I had a "funny" experience the other day i plipped my JE 2.2dci open on a public carpark.  Two spaces away there was a newish Volvo and a 5 year old Mercedes, whose alarms both went off immediately I plipped my car !   Being at least 6 meters from them, I silently just made for my escape, though. :-)

I don't think that was a fault in my immobilizer circuit, but a funny story, sparked by your mention of the plip.

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
panter

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:07:03 am »

Twilight zone,

I left my mobile phone on the dashboard locked the car and went...
When I've returned the phone ringed, and I could not open my car until it stopped.
Caller, whoever it was, was very persistant.

Since I didn't use mechanical lock for a while, it had jammed. I've removed all but one.

And it rained like hell...
 Angry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: