| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2 new bagheeras and one lock trunk / boot?  (Read 10783 times)
Lanng

Its complicated...

« on: July 06, 2012, 10:23:25 am »

My 2 bagheera's arrived yesterday   Cheesy
One had a the trunk full of spare parts. The other had ...well here is the problem. There is now release handle and I can't get hold of the cable.

So is there an "emergency" trick or is this an "you have took take everything apart" situation ?

Best regards lanng
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:36:38 am »

I've had the cable break in the past.

I remember using a piece of long flat metal* slid under the glass edge to release the catch. Having someone press down on the locating peg on the outside makes releasing the catch much easier.

* A 1m steel ruler would be good!

I don't know of any method to get into the boot by dismantling.

Andy

Back in business for fun!
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:25:46 pm »

Hi

3 other methods.

1) Drop the engine and climb into the boot like a monkey to release the rear windscreen  Cheesy (don't forget a good diet before proceeding)

2) Go with your hand under the rear wing (on the side of the cable). You should be able to catch the cable housing. Pull it down and it should release everything

3) Spray plenty of rust release more efficient than WD40 on the 2 window holders. Take mole grips and turn them of 90°. It will pop open

Of course the first method is a joke. I only used it once on an engineless car
andyowl

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »

quoting Spyros  (by Andy Owler)

2) Go with your hand under the rear wing (on the side of the cable). You should be able to catch the cable housing. Pull it down and it should release everything   THIS ASSUMES THAT THE CABLE HAS NOT BROKEN!

3) Spray plenty of rust release more efficient than WD40 on the 2 window holders. Take mole grips and turn them of 90°. It will pop open.  BUT I LIKE THIS IDEA!!! WELL DONE!!

But...

Lateral thinking??..... If you have two cars, break the rear window of the one that is closed - you have a spare!

Andy Owler

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 11:48:46 pm »

Hi Andy

My personal experience is that the release handle breaks before the cable and I believe that if the cable breaks, it will be at the release handle and then we just need to catch the cable and pull.

I have to say that since a year, the driver door of my yellow S is locked.
It is the part fixed to the chassis that is a bit loose and the movement prevent the door to open.  Embarrassed
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 08:08:37 am »

It worked!

The molegrip and rustproffing oile Smiley

So now I got 1½ set of headligts Grin and found more rust... Undecided

Best regards
Lanng
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

Not to worry, you Willy porbably find more than enough rust further along..  Grin

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:28:46 am »

Someone told me, "If you find any solid or uncorroded chassie steel in the car (my Bagheera). Then start to worry, because something is clearly wrong"  Undecided
andyowl

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 10:13:52 am »

The world is full of negative-thinking smart a*ses. Ignore them and rejoice!

Andy

bert1

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 02:51:25 am »

I'm with Andy - ALL of my best motoring experiences have been in cars laughed at or written off by so called "experts". These days I smile when I hear those things said about my cars because I know the people saying them will never get to experience what I enjoy. THEIR loss!

Having said that of course rust is a big Bagheera concern - but how many cars can be that ugly underneath and still look so beautiful on top? That's great for lower budget and "home" restorations! Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: