| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheera on eBay  (Read 11064 times)
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« on: October 15, 2009, 08:53:12 am »

15th October 2009    On eBay NOW...

1977 S2 Bagheera on eBay

eBay ref: 330368378415

Right hand drive, sun roof, spares included

Bidding at less than 100 Pounds or Euros (Thursday 15th October, @ 0755)

2 days to the end of the auction

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:55:53 pm »

Let's hope it finds a good home!

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
andyowl

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:06:57 am »

The eBay Bagheera sold for £273 . There were 13 bidders and I was one of them. My limit was £210 but I don't really need another Bagheera and it hopefully went to someone who will restore it.

Andy

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 09:48:31 am »

I don't think it has found a good home  Embarrassed

http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/MATRA-SIMCA_W0QQitemZ160372195450QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2556ed807a
andyowl

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:58:02 am »

Is it the same car? He appears to have two sets of rear lights and panels. Also I would have thought that 2 rear lights and the centre panel would be worth more than £25 GP Pounds.

Belgian ebay too. He has got it back to Belgium and started to take it to pieces very quickly. It was this time last week that the auction ended.

And why priced in GB pounds if it is in the EuroZone?

Andy

suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 01:03:39 pm »

You will see that the location is Stockport.  Also if you enlarge the interior photo  you can see the number plate, so yes it is the same car.  He probably thinks he can get more money for the parts on the continent.  I suspect that he bought it with the intention of restoring it but quickly saw it was beyond redemption.  Surely nobody buys a car then trailers it from Shrewsbury to Stockport just to break it for spares unless you're an enthusiast needing a spares car.
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »

Forget about Belgian ebay. It's just were I did my weekly (useless) search.

Just read him : "Im breaking the whole car
 So email me now if you need anything "  Cry
andyowl

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 08:49:06 am »

I am in touch with the guy who bought the eBay Bagheera and who has already started to take it to pieces.

I have purchased many parts from him already and I shall collect them in two weeks time at the NEC. I have an option on everything else but he wants my "Wish List" ugently.

If any members have specific requests please send me a PM or email and I will see what he has.

Andyowler@aol.com

andyowl

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24:05 pm »

The eBay Bagheera is no more. Other than the parts I bought and collected on Thursday all the metalwork has already been sold for scrap. Sad!

I am not convinced that it was a Hodec conversion to righthand drive although the eBay pictures looked OK to me. The gearshift had no transfer linkage (or so he said) and he forgot to take out the handbrake linkage as well. I only have part of the brake servo system although the missing transverse link  could be replicated easily enough.

But I came away with several rare and hard to find parts including the RHD headlamp pods in good condition, 2 sets of rear lights c/w back boxes and Matra-Simca central plate, front and rear calipers and shock absorbers, most of the external GRP body panels except the roof and nose cone. The front hatch has a good condition metal frame (now that IS rare!). There is also a large box of small parts which I need to catalogue. More than I expected but the ***** broke the windscreen that I really wanted!

Call or PM me if you need parts. I need to sell them on to re-fill the Baggy Joe fund!

Andy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: