| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena roof panel availability?  (Read 7287 times)
GP
« on: September 17, 2009, 11:40:24 pm »

Hi there to all on the forum from a "Newbie",

A couple of questions:-

I wish to replace the roof panel in my Murena 2.2 which has a sunroof fitted. Does anyone have a complete roof panel for a Murena for sale, or point me in the direction of a supplier?

I have tried in the past to remove a roof panel from a scrapped vehicle, which I found impossible without destroying it. Does anyone have any experience of removing a roof panel that has remained intact and usable, if I cannot source a new panel?

Many thanks,

Graham Pryme
darrenheli

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:49:38 pm »

the lkast time i wase at SIMINS germany had plenty
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:35:29 pm »

Graham, good to see you here. I like your on-three-wheels-'round-the-corner photo! Cheesy

The panel is glued in. It shouldn't be that difficult to remove. The procedure is in the workshop manual. I can copy for you if you need (german text). I haven't tried it, though...

the lkast time i wase at SIMINS germany had plenty

I think you're in need of a new keyboard, Darren.... Grin

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
GP
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:53 pm »

Hi Darren and Anders,

Thanks for the responses. I  shall contact Simon Germany then. I recently purchased a German Manual copy for the Murena but didn't realise there was a section on roof panel removal, so I shall read and follow the procedure closely.

I am actually having a head clearance problem whilst wearing my crash helmet in the Murena, so If I do replace the panel I intend to have it "Flocked" beforehand and leave out the headlining completely.
If anyone is interested in what "Flocking" actually is,  go to:  http://www.suffolkflockingservices.co.uk

Cheers,

Graham

P.S.  Marion Quarrington must take full credit for the wonderful photo, which she took amonst many others at "La Vie en Blue" Prescott Hillclimb this year.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:34:51 pm by GP » Logged
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:38:45 am »

If anyone is interested in what "Flocking" actually is,  go to:  http://www.suffolkflockingservices.co.uk
Clearly a traditional East Anglian rural craft  Smiley
GP
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:05:40 pm »

Hi Pete,

I looked into a thatched suffolk alternative, but after wind tunnel simulations the drag cd outweighed the savings in cost and to the enviroment, with the amount of fuel I would be burning!   Grin

The roof panel arrived O.K. this week from Simon Germany. An original Matra item it seems.

Just need to pluck up courage for the removal of my existing roof panel now. Perhaps a winter jobbie?

Cheers,

Graham
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:35:13 am »

Hi Pete,

I looked into a thatched suffolk alternative, but after wind tunnel simulations the drag cd outweighed the savings in cost and to the enviroment, with the amount of fuel I would be burning!   Grin

The roof panel arrived O.K. this week from Simon Germany. An original Matra item it seems.

Just need to pluck up courage for the removal of my existing roof panel now. Perhaps a winter jobbie?

Cheers,

Graham

Try writing Jan and Peter (Philbert) They removed the roof panel on their F2 Murena this summer. As I recall there are also pop rivets along the side, under the rubber moulding. I think the glue needs to be heated too, but ask them. They got it off in one piece, sanded and painted it and installed it again with no dammage to the panel.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: