| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help for fixing Matra bagheera type 2 with gearbox/clutch/diff problems  (Read 9282 times)
Phillip Wendt

« on: October 08, 2009, 09:35:50 pm »

Looking for a guy or someone to fix my matra bagheera in denmark, since the gearbox/diff/clutch is broken? Who would be able to do this and how much ?

please reply, i need this thing to run as soon as possible, no matter the price!
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:34:59 pm »

Hey Philip
If money is not an issue - then you wont have any problem finding a solution Smiley
I found two engines and gearboxes in northern France - and there is a complete Matra in the us with loads of spare parts.
There is a brilliant (rumor) Saab gerabox mechanic in Silkeborg - but I dont know if he does anything else.
I think PM "Anders Dinsen" might be your best option as u are in the same region.

"Your stuck up headlights" bring back memorys - My moms Bagherra (early 1980ish always did that)...

/// Lanng
Phillip Wendt

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:28:08 pm »

Ive found out what the problem is, there is nothing wrong with the clutch/gear or diff, its the engine that has cracked its engine mounts! So i need to buy them and get someone to fix them.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:45:19 pm »

Ive found out what the problem is, there is nothing wrong with the clutch/gear or diff, its the engine that has cracked its engine mounts! So i need to buy them and get someone to fix them.

That's great to hear. A simpler fix than a complete gearbox restoration!

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Phillip Wendt

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 10:04:04 pm »

Well neighther the less, the problem has to be solved, and i dont know, who would be able to change them for me!
Lanng

Its complicated...

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 10:47:23 pm »

Hey Philip

http://www.matramagic.co.uk/product.php?productid=16535
Engine mount.

I would assume that any good mechanic can do it - I know one in Hobro, Jutland but I would bet he never seen a Bagherra before.

Did you buy the car from a private or a dealer. If a it was from a dealer you STILL HAVE 2 years of warranty - NO MATTER WHAT!

/// Lanng
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:06:09 am by Lanng » Logged
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 10:47:20 am »

Hi
Philip: Changing the engine mounts is a very simpel operation which you should be able to do yourself if you have a set of spanners.  If you are not able to do such a simple mechanical task your self, having a 40 years old Bagheera will give you some trouble.

Lanng: Even if the dealer accepts that the car is covered by a guarantee, a guarantee will not cover in case of abuse!

Hans
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:53:36 am »

Philip: Changing the engine mounts is a very simpel operation which you should be able to do yourself if you have a set of spanners.  If you are not able to do such a simple mechanical task your self, having a 40 years old Bagheera will give you some trouble.

Trouble no - challenges yes! Challenges are one of the gifts of life! Smiley

While I tend to agree with you that an engine mount is one of the easier parts to do, you will be playing around with the complete drivetrain which is a heavy component. It always takes a bit of carefullness to avoid running into trouble.

Phillip have you tried contacting Frederik Moes? If you can't get hold of him, drop me an e-mail.

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Phillip Wendt

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 12:37:49 am »

Hi thanks to all, for the help, ive arranged to meet frederik tomorrow, but firstly i will try to get my friend to weld the exhaust, so that it wont fall down again as i did today!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: