| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where can I find a complete gauge-kit, similar to the one in a U8?  (Read 9073 times)
Moes

« on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:32 pm »

Hi
My dashboard in my Bagheera have seen better days..  and I have been looking at the dashboard in a Bagheera U8, and I am considering the possibility of making a dashboard like the one in a U8.
    I am having a hard time finding the right gauges, but I have found some gauge-kits made for "hot-rot people", they are actually wery nice, but the speedometer is in MPH.   http://www.srbymichael.com/products/gauges/gauge-index.shtml
    Well..  my big question is, if any of you know where I can find/buy a complete gauge-kit?
The gauge-kit I have found has only six gauges, but on the U8 there is 7, It seems to be the oil-temperature gauge that´s missing.

Frederik                 
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 08:00:21 pm »

It looks like the instruments are just Jaeger seperate gauges. I don't think they are that easy to find, but you can find lot's of VDO instruments around. Have you checked out eBay lately?

Just my opinion: To me that U8 dash looks a bit messy, especially compared to the green Bagheera dash, which I quite like.

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:20 pm »

I just came across this. The seller happens to be a friend of mine Smiley

http://www.hms.dk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6631

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »

Try www.demon-tweeks.co.uk
+44 1978 664466

Catalogue pages 215-233 (yes, 20 pages of gauges) include gauges from many manufacturers including Jaeger look-alikes although I cannot see Jaeger themselves. Several kph speedometers.

I like to U8 dash although it looks like an up-market DIY job.

The production Bagheera instruments are so avant-guard for their day. Still beautiful and much complimented at shows I find.

Good luck

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
Moes

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:42:04 pm »

Hi

Thanks for the answers!

The gauges from demon-tweeks is very nice.

But as you, I also find the original bagheera dashboard very well for the car.

I am among other things having some problems with my speedomter. The "cabelmount" at the left front wheel is not the original one, it is from an other car, and not a bagheera Sad   the problem is that the cabel is broken, and I am having a hard time trying to find a new one. I have a picture of the old broken cabel, and maby one of you have seen something like it before?

The easiest would probably be to find a original "cabelmount" from a bagheera, and then by a cabel for a bagheera.  

Do any of you know if the speedometer have been used in other cars?  

Frederik  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:48:20 pm by Moes » Logged
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »

There is a company in the UK called "Speedy Cables" who make speedo cables for Bagheeras. Tell them if it is Lefthand drive or righthand drive (UK style). I had one made recently.

It is very important to align the fixed part of the cable outer sheath with the cable socket on the wheel or it will break quite quickly.

I am collecting some Bagheera spare parts on Thursday and there may be such parts in the package. I will let you know.

These are the ex-eBay RHD Bagheera parts.

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:42:05 pm »

Hi Frederik

The original cable has the same squareshape in both ends. So you need to make sure that the cablehole by the wheel is still a little square one. If thats the case, my suggestion is that you buy the original speedocable (Simon). Then I am sure that i can find an original cablemount somewhere in my stock.

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
Moes

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »

Hi Andy and Lars

Well. I think I haven´t made myself clear..  I do have that little triangular plate that keeps the cabel in place at the center of the wheel, but where I believed the little square cabelhole should be, the former owner of my bagheera has welded some "thing", that looks like the tip of an screwdriver..   Undecided So I problably need the whole shaft for that wheel. Is that something you got Lars ?

By the way Lars..  I have tried to make a pair of carburettors from my old ones, and those you sendt me Smiley I have not been able to make it run/adjust it perfect yet, but it is a lot better. It is still burping and farting when the engine is cold, but when it reaches working temperatur it runs much better, than with my old carburettors:)
      I also have an other question: In my manual it says that the jets size is: hauptdüse 120, Luftkorrekturdüse 185, that is on a 1,3 engine. Mine is a 1442ccm, is it the same jets as on a 1,3?    The jets in the carburettors from Lars, and the jets in the carburettors on my bagheera (when i bought it) was a lot bigger, I have in meantime bought those from the manual.

Frederik          
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:42:54 pm by Moes » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: