| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Series 1 Bagheera parts - available from November 17th.  (Read 13339 times)
andyowl

New exhaust "straight through" - good sound!

« on: November 14, 2009, 08:32:15 pm »

Having failed to get the eBay Bagheera windscreen I have agreed today to take a Series 1 Bagheera which would otherwise be going to the scrap yard. I plan to collect it during the coming week.

I'll let you know what is worth having but if you need anything please let me know as soon as possible. In the absence of anyone wanting the whole car (seems unlikely!) I will remove the parts I want and dispose of the rest.

We lament the destruction of these lovely cars but are there still enthusiasts who are able to/want to restore them? If not they are doomed to disappear. Now that IS sad! With the demise of the eBay Baggy, the one I am to collect next week, the one in Canterbury in a field and the one I saw in a quarry in Buckinghamshire a few months ago we are running out fast!

Andy Owler

Back in business for fun!
andyowl

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:35:30 am »

Pictures..

Why would anyone paint a Bagheera pink? It was blue originally. Even the fascia is Pink!

But, "Bagheera" in the Jungle Book was a Black Panther, so maybe a "Pink Panther" sounds familiar?

Most parts are available. Just ask.

Andy

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:33:27 pm »

Yes, why pink  Huh

The status of the very little part of the chassis that can be seen is rather engaging : This Bagheera has to be rescued  Wink

Andy, looking at the steel rear wheels, they seems to have been enlarged. Aren't they ?
Something good for your race car ?

Is the plate holding the heating regulator in a good shape ?
That would be about the only think I 'd need.
Even today I'm trying to sort parts that I wouldn't need before years in order to store them away.

Good luck for the windscreen. Don't forget that they are smaller that the one for your serie 2

By the way, X6550 8X454667 was also changed to pink ( A german one)
andyowl

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:28:05 pm »

The part that the VIN plate is attached to is one of the best bits! There is no right sill and not much floor inside. Are you volunteering to restore it or does the "wink" mean the someone ELSE will have to retore it?

The rear wheels on the car I have had for many years and they are widened. Heavy and not very pretty I feel. I put them on the car just so that I can move it. Both rear tyres were damaged although the alloys were OK.

The "heater regulator plate"... is that the one to the right of the steering column carrying the heater controls? I'll check tomorrow and take a picture.

The windscreen is already loose. It is just safer to leave it on the car until I can get some assistance to lift it into my garage roof space.  I think you have the windscreen size the wrong way around. The S2 is smaller to make space for the windscreen trim clips. I didn't use these clips on Baggy Joe so the larger S1 screen should be OK.

Interesting about the other pink German car. This one has grease nipples fitted on the rear suspension trailing arms too. Was Pink an option for Germany? The underneath paint seems to be blue. Chassis number is 4X106726. Does any part of the chassis number indicate where the car was intended to be sold?

Andy

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 08:58:50 pm »

To check the car market, you need the other number that is stamped on the chassis close to the brake assistance, on the top of the vertical part separating the area of the whippers engine from the front.

For example, the closest I know is 9356FRA
There is also a third number on the engine lid surrounding

Of course, it was obvious that this Bagheera will not be restored.
For my worst one, I'm slowly planning to made a new chassis from scratch.
At the Bagheera Café, we have a "marbre" (don't know the translation) This is the jig onto the chassis is put together.
In my manual, all the details have been published except the center part.
I have bought all the potential parts that were available.
I just pressed a set of central floor, which was about the only chassis part I would miss.
So, this project is viable.
The only if is that the jig is in center of France and currently in use.

Pink was never an option but I suppose that the german owner might also have been a fan of David Niven
Bagheera Lars

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »

Hi Andy.

I am very interrested in buying the rear "MATRA SIMCA Bagheera" Sign. If you want to sell it??...

Greetings

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
andyowl

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:46:47 pm »

Rear Matra-Bagheera sign...

You are the first person to ask for it! Can we talk off line or by a PM, or phone me anytime on +44 137 284 4152

How is it fixed on? I would hate to break it! Delcourt parts book page R55 item 2 perhaps?

Andy Owler

andyowl

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 07:34:19 pm »

Lars,

Matra-Simca Bagheera badge..

The badge is held on by two small screws with nuts on the inside of the GRP. They are very rusty and will probably need to be cut off with a saw. Grinding would create too much heat and damage the plastic badge. Do you want me to take it off?

Someone said the car is early with its horizontal rear slots for air outlets but the engine has 2 x DCNF and maybe it is the "S" version it claims to be.

Andy

Bagheera Lars

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 08:59:58 pm »

Hi Andy

It makes no different if you cut of the rusty screws on the sign. It wil be glued on anyway. From the pictures i can see that it is not a S-model, but an early serie 1. And the early models also had the twin DCNF, at least they did in France, and also here in Denmark.

Lars

M 530 LX 1972, Bagheera 1 S 1976, Rancho 1978
andyowl

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 09:57:25 am »

Happy New Year!

Dear Lars,

I have removed the Matra-Simca Bagheera badge from the rear panel of the pink Bagheera Series 1 I am dismantling. Photo attached.

Please let me know whether you still want it. The condition is good although there is a clean break on the first letter "a" in the word Bagheera. Easy to repair invisibly.

If you decide not to have it I will offer it elsewhere.

RSVP

andyowl

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 08:50:55 pm »

Sad to report that I took what was left of the Guildford Bagheera S1 to Aldershot Car Spares today.

Quite a lot of parts have been recycled within the Matra clubs and the Simca club but it was sad to see it go anyway.

The good news was that they gave me £115.00 / tonne for the scrap value!  I took it on the trailer and they lifted it off with a fork lift truck. They weighed the car on a weighbridge and came up with 560kg (no engine, radiator, interior, silencer, gearbox or diff, no windscreen or tailgate) = £64.40 cash in hand. No documents required other than the registration number and my driving licence for ID.

I should have filled it with bricks and got more money!

Andy Owler

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: