| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Breaking of a Matra Murena for spares  (Read 18251 times)
davidewanprice
« on: November 22, 2009, 06:03:14 pm »

Hi people.

Nearly 6 months ago I bought a second Murena 2.2, it was a non runner in pretty below average shape. My idea was to firstly take several bits from it to improve my own, i.e. I’ve always wanted a set of original wheels for my car and I needed a replacement dash on my first car as it was in very poor condition. Secondly, I was in need of a second car, needing a day to day run around hack car but also something I could possibly strip out and use as a track day car..

Recent changes in circumstances have now meant that the person who offered to help me with the project can no longer help. I can't afford to pay a garage to do the work needed (engine + gearbox rebuild ++++) and the more I’ve thought about it, it’s just too big a job for me. So as bad as it makes me feel I have decided to split the car for its parts. Obviously I won't need everything so if anyone needs anything for their car, please ask and I might be able to supply it. I don't really want to make much from this, just to try to get as much of my original investment back as I can.

If you are interested in any parts, message me and I’ll email you with any details required.

David
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:04:47 pm by davidewanprice » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:18:16 pm »

Hi David.

Sorry to hear that your project has been shot down.

I could probably use some parts, particularly I am interested in having a spare gearbox to renovate while I drive my Murena. The current one has had challenges from day one and I definitely need to replace the 2nd. grear synchro. (I got the part, just haven't got the time to fix it.)

What color is the interior of the parts car? If the steering wheel is in fine shape (no cracks in the vinyl) and if it is brown, I would be interested.

Also, are the trailing arms in good shape? I need to replace the right one on my car.

Kind regrds.

Jon.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:57:42 am »

I could use the fuel tank... but it is probably going to be huge in shipping cost..
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:26:42 am »

David, sorry to hear about the scrapping of the project, and the car.

On a more mercenary note, if the A-pillar trim is in good nick, could I get that?
Also, if it has electric windows, I'd like the passenger motor and regulator.

Cheers,

Antony
njesper

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:16 pm »

I would love to get my finger on the four bolt retainers, sitting in the chassis arms in front, holding the front suspension bridge.

Best regards,

Jesper Colding
lewisman

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:01:12 am »

Hi David.

Are the plastic interior bits black or brown?

Cheers

David
davidewanprice
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:13:34 pm »

Brown
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:31:33 am »

Hi David.

I could use the rearview mirror and probably do not need the metal block that is glued to the glass.

Regards.
Jon.

michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 12:27:42 pm »

Hello, I'm interested in rear gas pressure springs (which opens rear glass), how much you're asking for them? Of course only if they are strong enough to hold the glass open  Wink

Morten Blom

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 08:44:33 am »

hi  Smiley
Do you still have the frontbumper?
davidewanprice
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 08:30:59 pm »

Anyone want any murena seats? They might need a wash to be average but could be used for a re-trim to be great... The original material is a goldy brown, (might be an idea if you want to upgrade to leather ones as you have to exchange your ones) some buttons are missing but many are still attached...
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 07:57:30 am »

Anyone want any murena seats? They might need a wash to be average but could be used for a re-trim to be great... The original material is a goldy brown, (might be an idea if you want to upgrade to leather ones as you have to exchange your ones) some buttons are missing but many are still attached...

I would like to have them. Write me to let me know how we can arrange things. Cheesy

JL

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 10:43:38 pm »

David
Do you by any chance have the passenger side (LHD) front bumper rubber strip finisher, I have decided to refit my bumper strip and my car was missing this piece.
Regards
John
davidewanprice
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 08:50:13 pm »

Just a reminder for if anyone needs anything
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 07:45:26 am »

What rear shockabsorbers are on this car David.
I am looking for Spax or Koni's.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: